2003 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Review: I love my truck BUT...

2003 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Review

SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 4-speed Automatic)

I love my truck BUT...
By Baron on

2003 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Sequoia. I think it is the best looking of the full size SUVs and I usually get 18-20 mpg which is good for an 8 seat SUV. However, I have not found my Toyota to be as well built as my Honda's. I am constantly replacing interior trim pieces that and have replaced all of my interior door handles. My overall maintenance bill his higher with this vehicle than with my Honda's too. It it is not an O2 sensor dying or a CV boot splitting it is my bushings for my rack and pinion steering or something else. This thing eats break pads like dessert. Nonetheless, I still like the truck but just have some $ set aside for maint.

Exterior Look. Seating for 8. Gas mileage is good for a large SUV (18-20 mpg). Towing capacity.

Interior trim is cheap, parts snap off constantly. Door handles are poorly designed (I've broken all of the interior door handles and the exterior trunk latch since I purchased the SUV).