2003 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
I bought two!
By C Elliott on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Loved the vehicle so much that we purchased another Sequoia, a 2004 Limited Edition, this year.

MY TOY
By Ladydi on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Love my sequoia, very roomy and comfy, added flowmaster gave a little more horsepower and a few more turning heads. Got mine without roofrack for a more longer sleeker look, no need for rack with all the storage space inside. FWD handles great in snow. Kids and hubby love it too. Love My Toy!

big box
By scoob on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking for size and reliability above all else. It may give up some towing capacity to the Chevy, but the overall design and quality won me over. The ride is quite smooth and silent. I have one quibble with a click in the dash which sounds after any start up after being parked. the dealer said it was the ABS switch resetting and that this was normal. I'm getting 15.3mpg in mixed driving according to the trip computer. And, it swallows regular gas rather than premium required by more than a few of its European competitors. Big discounts are fairly prevalent on this truck. Shop around for a loss leader!

Sequoia
By ggs on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

For it's size, the acceleration is exceptional. The comfort is superior in all 8 seats (ok, we are a short family so the leg space in the third seat isn't an issue, but having the same quality of seat in the third row is a definite positive!)

2003 sequoia, perfect for the family
By gregc on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We had a 2000 durango and traded up to this. It's a different class of vehicle. Leather, sunroof, full-time 4wd. This truck has the same displacement v8 as our durango (4.7) but it's gutsier AND gets better mileage. We're at 20k, averaging 17+ MPG in mixed driving. Can keep it in 4wd full-time and not worry 'bout it. We live in "rural" Mass. where we get a fair amount of snow, and need a truck.

Awesome vechicle!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Claire Adintori on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Sequoia is a wonderful vechicle. I absolutely love it. While it doesn't get the best gas milage, it is totally top notch on everything else!!!

Sequoia Review from San Antonio
By TMDSA on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great performance for a large SUV. It drives like a car. Very smooth ride, quiet, and powerful. Interior design is excellent and the sound system is also excellent.

The Beast
By Toni MB on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is so huge it took me a month to be able to park it! :) But it was all worth it. My whole family loves it, it's the most flexible car we've ever owned, it meets all our needs.

Almost Great SUV
By Florida SR-5 on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I was excited about my first Toyota. I drive mostly highway miles. It had a pull to the right and my arm would be fatigued after trips over 15 mins keeping it straight. Many trips to the dealer later no fix. At the Lemon Law hearing the mech. expert who drove it agreed, but the other two who didn't, sided against us. I was shocked and stuck with it. Later I took it for a routine alignment at a different dealer and explain my past problems and they fixed it just like that. My ratings are based on it pre-fix, as Toyota assured me there was nothing wrong it then.Hope you don't have a problem because Toyota has your money for life.

Not the happiest
By filbert on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I find it ok to drive and as far as the performance it's ok. But for as much as it costs it defenetly needs improvements to the interior design.