2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
awesome!
By lluc on 11/05/04 18:56 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The best auto i've owned.

a little disappointing
By mishmish on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my sequioa with only 14 miles on it so I was disappointed when I took my sequioa at 7300 miles for routine services and they told me I need brakes and rotors Also at 4500 miles I had to get a new brain box or whatever its called because the check enigine light kept coming on.I also keep getting this foul oder smell when I go pass 65mph.

Enjoy the 2003 Sequoia
By esommerton on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The 2003 Sequoia is fun and luxurious. This responsive SUV provides a quality ride, plenty of room and features a very responsive 4.7L motor. The exterior remains elegant while newer SUVs get boxier. We looked at other SUVs only to find the interiors are evolving into a less-than-plush look — featuring many hard lines and brushed steal versus the warm feel of the Sequoia.

A high quality beauty
By monterrey al on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We (8 people)took this vehicle to Mexico, all the way close to Guatemala: All kinds of terrain. An awesome performer. I have yet to have a problem: plentiful acceleration, great comfort! Great looks; In Monterrey, the salesman told us how much people wanted the sequoia in Mexico, but is not sold there yet. Excellent attention to detail, premium quality on the interior, seats, and exterior; feels like a smaller car; I enjoy driving my sequoia everyday, and it is nice drive a truck with an elegant personality, but with excelent dna and character for off road duties. Very reliable with best residual value in its class.

Smooth Operator
By Mario A on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This SUV is so smooth and quiet...feels like you're riding in a Lexus (former owner of an RX300 and SC400). At the same time, the body feels very sturdy. The 4.7L V8 pulls surprisingly strong considering its conservative HP and torque.

This vehicle sucks
By Lmckevitt on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Most wimpy vehicle I've ever owned. Waste of money, wish I'd gotten an Expedition instead. Alignment problems every 3 months, door handle broke, customer service sucks--never will go Toyota again. Chevy or Ford all the way--wanted something tough, got a wimp on wheels....

Huge disapointment
By JayEssPee on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Under 6,000 miles, both battery & rear wiper assembly replaced. Mileage awful, 11 mpg town, max 15 hwy. Can't open sunroof because of sulfur smell (dealer says try different gas - yeah, right) Engine lacks punch and power. Rear visibility awful. Turning radius huge, hard to park. Turn signal indicators blocked by top of steering wheel. Transfer case shift boot impossible to keep clean, interior looks perpetually dirty. Ride comfort good but that's only positive thing I have to say. Never so disappointed in my life, and my 1st SUV was an 88 Trooper II 4-cyl. Wife hates this SUV so much she wants us to trade it in on something, anything else

Oh what a Feeling
By pam on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2003 Toyota Sequoia, bought it new and at approx 8,000 miles it now has a pecking noise in the engine. I have had it back to the dealership several times and they tell me that it is a design flaw in the engine called "PISTON SLAP". It sounds like a diesel engine. Have contacted California with no success. Does Toyota really stand behind their products? What a feeling to ride in a pecking $40,000 vehicle. Their response is you still have a lot of warranty left. If it started pecking a approx 8,000 miles and still doing it at 13,000 miles by the time it has 50,000 miles it will be junk.

We Love it!
By Ron Kellough on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We researched all SUV's and having owned 4 different new GM pickups since 1996 and a 2001 GMC Yukon XL we thought they were probably the best. We went by all the dealerships and found the Toyota Sequoia was large and a very attractive vehicle. We test drove it and absolutely loved it and got back and bought it.

Do your homework before you buy
By kaylavalet on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been a big disappointment. I have owned several Toyotas in the past and they have been great. This probably explains all of the high ratings for the Sequoia. Based on Toyota's reputation, I think this vehicle gets greatly overrated. Where do I start? With the constant clacking noise. I have heard or read this described as piston slap, valves, etc.... Dealer is in serious denial. Claims there is no problem. Oil sensor out. Computer diagnostic failure, etc....