Used 2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Nice reliable vehicle
By ARW

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle all around. No issues since the day I bought it. Just regular Maintenance. I would say the tires that came with the truck are junk. Soft rubber the promote smooth ride but they were gone after 28k. Switched to Bridgestone Revos (fantastic tires). Got 60k out of those and now working on the 2nd set.

Comfort, reliability, looks.

1-Better tires from dealer. 2-I attempted to replace the foam in front cup holders. Toyota makes you buy entire cup holder console ($300+). Foam is not sold separate. Terrible planning from Toyota on this one. Wear items should be replaceable without having to replace parts that don't need it.

Great Family Car
By Robin

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2003 Sequoia Limited with around 74,000 miles. I am the sole owner and have used this to haul children, dogs, trailers and boats up in the mtns. It was been a fantastic car for our family and I think the best "Large" SUV out there in terms of capacity. Even with the 3rd seat, you still have plenty of storage as opposed to many others (Expedition, Land Cruiser, Explorer, etc). The exterior styling still looks fresh after 5 years (I prefer it over the new ones) and I always feel very safe in my Sequoia. The only downside is the side storage compartment (needs a better closing mechanism) & of course fuel economy but unfortunately that is standard with large & small SUVs. :(

Great visibility (no blind spots), styling, solid feel--great all around.

Side storage compartment in the rear of vehicle needs a more substantial closing mechanism. Was first thing to "wear out" and I have read this same criticism from others.

Love my Sequoia
By mommie

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased our Sequoia used and love it. We have always wanted one and have no regrets. It isn't that bad on fuel as we had anticipated, not too bad at all. If your considering it, do it! I don't see how anyone wouldn't enjoy this vehicle. They look great, ride smooth and are very comfortable. Although, I would try to get a certified one. Not that you may have to use it because the quality seems outstanding, but it's better to be safe. you can never go wrong purchasing a Toyota!

The look, design!

None come to mind.

Excellent Excellent, buy this truck
By R Peacey

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I live in Toronto Canada, we are a family of 5 and ski regularly so we get lots of extreme weather. The Sequoia is excellent in the snow, feels very safe under even the worst conditions and is solid on the road. Everything works well, there is a lot of storage and the Sequoia gets excellent mileage for a 6500 lb vehicle. This is a true 8 passenger SUV but is very nimble in parking lots

Acceleration and sound system

A heated steering wheel

Average SUV
By p1

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is underpowered, and in my opinion, was designed primarily for soccer moms transporting kids to and from the field/mall. It was not designed for trailer towing. We tow a 4000# trailer in the warmer months and the vehicle has a very hard time doing it. In trying to pass a slow moving vehicle let alone just accelerate, the engine makes a lot of noise but nothing happens. We are well within the towing limits of the vehicle given trailer weight, passenger/cargo weights etc. We already get bad gas mileage so having a larger engine really wouldn't change things; we would just get more power out.

My wife likes it.

A more capable engine, a frame to allow for higher capacity towing.

• SUV