2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews 30

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Very Good - With Minor Improvements
By Sierra Steve on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My main gripes are as follows: the transmission downshifts really hard in the hills (I had a Chevy and a Ford that shifted cleaner) I hope they can address this issue. I'm 6'2" and the ergonomics are generally great for the driver, except that they buried the clock at the bottom of the dash panel, and when they shifter is in drive it actually blocks the view of some of the HVAC controls. It's even worse for my wife who is 5'3". The drivers seat needs at least a 2 position memory switch, and it would be really nice if they had incorporated the stereo controls into the steering wheel pod. Other than that, I'll shut up - it's a great vehicle!

Nice But It Ain't A LandCruiser
By David C on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

An overall nice, well built car. Selected Sequoia over 2003 LC due to the $ value/interior size comparisons. Despite it's attention to detail, the interior fit/finish does not compare to the my 99 LC. Yet kids love the interior size and sound system; wife likes the exterior looks. I guess things could be worse (like owning a Ford).

`03 4WD Sequoia Ltd.
By hemiden on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I researched many SUV's over a 4 month period. Although I wasn't looking for a full size SUV initially, I finally decided on the Sequoia for it's hi-tech V8 engine, (which runs on regular gas), reliability and it's decent towing capacity. The handling of such a large vehicle is very impressive and even better than my 2000 V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which I traded for the Seqouia (no regrets there). Of course, the added bonus of having the room for up to 8 passengers, and the quality fit and finish helps too. I have yet to find (any) quality or mechanical issues with this vehicle.

Excellent SUV
By ABCd on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice and smooth powertrain. Inside is very nice, and comfortable. If you want to purchase Toyota backed extend warranty at the dealer, make sure you start the neg. by knocking down $400 off the price they quote you! The dealer will always try to take advantage of you first. Watch out!!You can find out the MSRP for those extended warranty on toyota's website under finance.

Better than Expedition?
By rbarea on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Smooth, quiet and powerfull ride. Sways a little too much on turns and brakes need a lot of force to stop. The Expeditions interior lay-out with available Captains chairs and a power flat folding third row seat can't be beat and should be implemented by Toyota. The canopy air bag system in the Ford is also a gret safety feature that all should copy.

Mr Yao
By Mike Yao on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Steel wheel design not enough pretty; Power of engine need a little more boost up such as 5.0 or 5.5 liter engine will performance better. Color of vehicle not enough for selection in Limited edition model.

Sequoia
By cougar on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

After owning a 1998 Expedition for the last four years we were ready to look into another large SUV. Because we have already owned Toyota's in the past and were always very pleased with their reliability, we decided to research the Sequoia. The handling of the Sequoia was far superior to that of the Expedition and also the acceleration of the Sequoia was far superior.

wish U.S. would've built this
By scuba steve on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I hated to buy other than american but several friends have this and have had no problems towing or diving the beaches surf fishing. My other toyota truck is a 1989 with 155,000 miles and going strong with years of abuse behind her. hope I get that lucky with my new truck/SUV.