2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Great Toy
By surpasd on 06/16/07 07:01 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This the 4th Toyota truck I have owned, great SUV! Comfortable to drive, especially on those long trips, more comfortable than the ML 350 or the X5 or other over-priced SUVs. Can load up everything I need in this one. As always a very reliable vehicle.

SUPER SUV!
By Nicole on 06/14/07 07:21 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our Sequoia pre-owned last year, because I was tired of driving a minivan (have 3 kids) so still needed the room. Love it! It is very roomy, has leather and power seats, 6 cd changer and it's not even a Limited. The rear seat is nice, they can flip up and forward, like the roll down back window too. Do need a better way to get to 3rd row, though. I can fit a car seat, booster, and my oldest all in the second row! When we decide to trade-in my husband's van, we are definitely sticking with Toyota!

Very Happy
By Richard on 01/28/07 21:51 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We have owned Toyotas or Lexus' for many years. We have a tacoma, 4Runner, Sienna, and now a 2003 Sequoia. I LOVE this vehicle. It handles great for such a large machine. Steering is tight and easy, breaks work smoothly, the interior design is excellent. No complaints! JBL sound system rocks! Smooth over bumpy roads.

It's Okay
By CypressTX Driver on 08/28/06 12:35 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

It's okay, my wife loves it and it is her car. To date no major problems with it, we've only had it for a year. There are a few things that don't work the way I expect them after driving domestic vehicles all my life but I can't say they're done wrong. One nice thing is it gets pretty good mileage for a large SUV. Over all the vehicle has no personality. But so far it has been reliable and the wife likes it.

Unhappy
By william hester on 06/25/06 19:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This Sequoia has been a real disappointment. Bought new, and have been paying for problems ever since. Bulb that used to illuminate the D on the dash when car is put in gear burned out. Surprise, this is an $85 repair at the dealer, plus cost of the bulb. Brakes are inadequate and require routine pads and rotors way too often. Figure $400 every 30k miles here. Timing belt and water pump at 90k miles, another $700 plus. Note, others use a timing chain, which doesn't require routine changes at premium prices. A/C has also gone out, as has rear hatch window motor. Toyota's Toyota will do nothing about the defective designs. My first and last Toyota for sure.

Still like my tahoe
By KIFER on 05/26/06 11:59 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My wife and i just had our first child, I had recently owned a 99 tahoe with about 100,000 miles on it... time for a trade in. The toyota's mpg is a joke I am no hot rod and I am getting barely over 10mpg. I assumed buying a foreign car the fuel econony would be much better than that of a domestic. The comfort and handling of the sequoia is great. The interior dash and controls remind me of the 80's.

A Mom and 2 Teens
By DonnaJ on 04/02/06 01:40 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I Love my Sequoia!!. In the snow, I feel safe because I am confident that I can control the car as long as I drive appropriate for conditions. I taught 2 teens to drive it. We moved across the country with the car loaded with "stuff" and 2 dogs and still had room to stretch out and sleep. Changed the oil every 3K miles and serviced the car per recommendations and it still performs great at 90K miles. To date, the only problems we've had is the latch on the tailgate and the cd player had to be replaced. I wish the gas mileage was better with the price of gas rising but I'm not trading it in yet! Getting to the 3rd row of seats isn't very easy.

Engine Issues
By mcgeem1 on 02/26/06 06:35 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

It is embarassing to drive this car on cold mornings. When it is below 40 degrees out, the motor sounds like there is no oil in it. It taps so loud that people look to see what the clatter is. Toyota corporate claims that this is normal but they will not put it in writing. This vehicle drives like a luxury car. The motor is peppy. The handling is responsive. The moon roof squeaks a lot. the dealer allegedly replaced something but the visible components still had wear marks after the alleged replacement. I think they greased it. it was quiet for about five months. There is also a loud cracking sound from the front end that the dealer has not been able to find (under warranty)

Great vehicle even after 3 years
By Lori on 02/09/06 13:44 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Sequoia has been a wonderful vehicle since date of purchase. I have had no problems with performance or reliability. The car fits 6 adults comfortably - even in the 3rd row seat! Plenty of cargo space with the movable 3rd row - the leather seats with heat in the driver and passenger seats are a nice touch.

Great Vehicle
By J Pruitt on 11/02/05 19:01 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned the Sequioa for 2 1/2 years. NOT ONE PROBLEM. Just routine maintenance (rotate tires and oil change). No rattles, no squeaks, no loose fitting trim. The quality is A+. I will only buy Toyotas if they are this good. Gas mileage stinks---15/mpg-- --BUT I KNEW THAT WHEN I BOUGHT IT. This is a great vehicle for showing real estate to clients, transporting softbal teams, soccer teams, cub scouts etc. I also feel safe when driving on the daily life/death roulette of Houston's freeway system.