2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
glad I didn't buy a suburban
By rocco on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great car! test drove all the full size suv's by far the best. Suburban was good too,but just does not compare in build quality and the sequoia holds it's value better than most.

I love it!
By tgcgopher on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The first week after I bought the car I thought I had made a mistake, the panel lit up like a christmas tree. It was in the shop twice to find the problem then they could not get the part so it was in for a week. Something about the accuator on the ABS brake system part was bad. Since then it has been a dream. I love it. But beware I have the leather seats with the wood grain accents and the middle concil on the passager side is loose, they can't seem to find the right part to fit from toyota so they are going to send me to a local shop. It its cosmetic and not a big deal. The drive is wonderful!

A Big (pleasant) Surprise
By Bird on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

On the outside this SUV can look big but once inside and behind the whell it feels like a car. It does not even compare with any other, its in a class by itself. I was most surprised by how incredibly quiet this SUV is. It has the feel of a Lexus in quietness.

Over two years and not a single problem
By Frequent buyer on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We switched to Sequoia from a 4Runner. I don't want to bore you with the initial decision making and comparisons I made. We have had this SUV for two years now. Have taken it to all nasty road conditions. The car drives as if it is on rails. The has a much more dynamic feel than the 4Runner (ironic isn't it/). More importantly, this SUV has never had to go back to dealer . Not even for an adjustment. I can't say the same for our European cars. I really recommend this SUV.

Best Value for your money
By Darryl Wheeler on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Good value and ride. Dealer played typical games of bate and switch made process a bit flustrating.

great SUV
By SBMNC on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

After owned 98 Expedition and 99 RX300, this new Squoia provides the best overall SUV we ever drove. Up to this date, I have to drive at least once every day just for fun. One time we had 6 adults and two children with their car seats install on the road for 3 hours. None of the passagers complained about too crowded. They all felt sitting comfortable.

Fun, Reliability, and Comfort
By JIMEL on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love this car!!! It is fun to drive, smooth, and powerful. I feel like I am driving a $60K SUV. The feature that can be added is the NAV system.

All good for 40,000 but one thing
By hampton on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

GREAT SUV

Very Good - With Minor Improvements
By Sierra Steve on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My main gripes are as follows: the transmission downshifts really hard in the hills (I had a Chevy and a Ford that shifted cleaner) I hope they can address this issue. I'm 6'2" and the ergonomics are generally great for the driver, except that they buried the clock at the bottom of the dash panel, and when they shifter is in drive it actually blocks the view of some of the HVAC controls. It's even worse for my wife who is 5'3". The drivers seat needs at least a 2 position memory switch, and it would be really nice if they had incorporated the stereo controls into the steering wheel pod. Other than that, I'll shut up - it's a great vehicle!

NEW SUV
By crispycritter1 on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just purchased my new SUV and got to say it have everything I want in it along with the looks and ride....finally found a SUV with the headroom etc I need. Terrific vehicle and I hope to have it for many years...