2003 Toyota Sequoia Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

2003 Sequoia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Sort Reviews by

I love my Sequoia.
By Chris

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed owning my Sequoia. I have had it for six years. The only problem I have ever had with it is the rear window not going down. I really don't use it much so to me it is no big deal. It is not great on gas, yet I like everything else about it. It handles like no other vehicle. It hugs the road if you really drive it and respect it like it is big and heavy nothing compares to it.

Favorite Features

I love the drivers seat it is comfortable and well placed in the car. The mirrors are well placed so you can see well around you. It is very important to me to see out well through the rear view mirror.

Suggested Improvements

Help me figure out how to turn my Sequoia into a hybrid!!!

Great Family Car
By Robin

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2003 Sequoia Limited with around 74,000 miles. I am the sole owner and have used this to haul children, dogs, trailers and boats up in the mtns. It was been a fantastic car for our family and I think the best "Large" SUV out there in terms of capacity. Even with the 3rd seat, you still have plenty of storage as opposed to many others (Expedition, Land Cruiser, Explorer, etc). The exterior styling still looks fresh after 5 years (I prefer it over the new ones) and I always feel very safe in my Sequoia. The only downside is the side storage compartment (needs a better closing mechanism) & of course fuel economy but unfortunately that is standard with large & small SUVs. :(

Favorite Features

Great visibility (no blind spots), styling, solid feel--great all around.

Suggested Improvements

Side storage compartment in the rear of vehicle needs a more substantial closing mechanism. Was first thing to "wear out" and I have read this same criticism from others.

Great Toy
By surpasd

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This the 4th Toyota truck I have owned, great SUV! Comfortable to drive, especially on those long trips, more comfortable than the ML 350 or the X5 or other over-priced SUVs. Can load up everything I need in this one. As always a very reliable vehicle.

Favorite Features

The interior, super comfortable. All the gauges and controls are visible and within reach.

Suggested Improvements

As with any large SUV, better gas mileage would be nice.

Great vehicle even after 3 years
By Lori

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Sequoia has been a wonderful vehicle since date of purchase. I have had no problems with performance or reliability. The car fits 6 adults comfortably - even in the 3rd row seat! Plenty of cargo space with the movable 3rd row - the leather seats with heat in the driver and passenger seats are a nice touch.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, radio controls on the steering wheel, spacious center console storage, power sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

A mute button for the radio would be a nice touch.

Great Vehicle
By J Pruitt

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned the Sequioa for 2 1/2 years. NOT ONE PROBLEM. Just routine maintenance (rotate tires and oil change). No rattles, no squeaks, no loose fitting trim. The quality is A+. I will only buy Toyotas if they are this good. Gas mileage stinks---15/mpg-- --BUT I KNEW THAT WHEN I BOUGHT IT. This is a great vehicle for showing real estate to clients, transporting softbal teams, soccer teams, cub scouts etc. I also feel safe when driving on the daily life/death roulette of Houston's freeway system.

Favorite Features

Quality.

Suggested Improvements

Make the gauges (odometer, speedometer, etc.) with a white backround---they're hard to see when wearing sunglasses.

very disappointed
By cjh

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Serious drivetrain problems the dealer says that it's all in our minds. I have been through four sets of tires since May of 03. We have had the truck serviced on time, we have have to replace the brakes. We had problem starting two weeks after we purchased it. This is was a brand new truck with 20 miles on it the day of purchase. I will not purchase another Toyota. We were in the market to purchase our daughter a car, but it will not be a toyota now.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

The Sequoia needs to go back to the drawing board to work on front end problem. You need to find out why are the tires wearing out so fast.

Very Comfortable SUV
By FlaCapn

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Having test driven the competition, the Sequoia was an easy choice. The Sequoia has nice lines, is a joy to drive, even the third row seats are comfortable. I've had mine for two years now and would get one again if I had the need. I still smile when I get in this thing and drive it, Toyota did a great job.

Favorite Features

Electric rear window, heated seats (even in FLA they're great), fantastic stereo system, and the overall ride and comfort of this truck.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more power (the 2005 models have 282 HP, which is a 42 HP improvement. The removal of the third row of seats can be a pain. My paint has chipped easily, and if you drop anything in between the front seats and the console, it's no fun getting it out. Boy this thing can suck some gas, 13MPG avg

awesome!
By lluc

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The best auto i've owned.

Favorite Features

DVD player.

Suggested Improvements

Gas Gauge up higher on dash.

Smooth Operator
By Mario A

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This SUV is so smooth and quiet...feels like you're riding in a Lexus (former owner of an RX300 and SC400). At the same time, the body feels very sturdy. The 4.7L V8 pulls surprisingly strong considering its conservative HP and torque.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, engine, and transmission; very quiet ride which is great for freeway cruising. More than enough room for wife and kids.

Suggested Improvements

The 2nd row seats has cannot be slid forward or backwards. Also, if the 2nd and 3rd row seats could fold flat. No NAV option. Rear camera.

We Love it!
By Ron Kellough

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We researched all SUV's and having owned 4 different new GM pickups since 1996 and a 2001 GMC Yukon XL we thought they were probably the best. We went by all the dealerships and found the Toyota Sequoia was large and a very attractive vehicle. We test drove it and absolutely loved it and got back and bought it.

Favorite Features

Responsiveness, looks and quality. It came with alot of services and standard equipment as opposed to add on extras.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of anything currently.