Used 2003 Toyota Sequoia SR5 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

RELIABLE FAMILY VEHICLE!!!
By anthonydw6

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

bought this truck used in 2009, i wish i knew how many miles, anyways we always traveled back and forth from Houston to Louisiana, in '10 we got a new battery, in '12 we replaced the alternator. We recently sold her because we got 3 new vehicles and this truck was almost at 200k miles and needed some tlc, we just did not have any money in the budge with 3 other car notes. But this baby was a joy to have and we always felt so safe inside. The day we let her go was just hard to believe, but we do hope she will bring joy to another family or something

I love my truck BUT...
By Baron

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Sequoia. I think it is the best looking of the full size SUVs and I usually get 18-20 mpg which is good for an 8 seat SUV. However, I have not found my Toyota to be as well built as my Honda's. I am constantly replacing interior trim pieces that and have replaced all of my interior door handles. My overall maintenance bill his higher with this vehicle than with my Honda's too. It it is not an O2 sensor dying or a CV boot splitting it is my bushings for my rack and pinion steering or something else. This thing eats break pads like dessert. Nonetheless, I still like the truck but just have some $ set aside for maint.

Exterior Look. Seating for 8. Gas mileage is good for a large SUV (18-20 mpg). Towing capacity.

Interior trim is cheap, parts snap off constantly. Door handles are poorly designed (I've broken all of the interior door handles and the exterior trunk latch since I purchased the SUV).

Great Buy
By Scott Carbaugh

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. Smooth ride, powerful and unbelievably reliable. Most comfortable seats of any car I've owned. We have 140,000 miles on it now and runs like the day we bought it in 2003. Sound system still sounds great. Only problems have been fuel gauge that sometimes doesn't work and VSC lights come on sometimes. Would like if second row was removable.

Comfort, reliability, power and storage capacity

Removable second row seats. Better fuel gauge. Brighter head lamps.

Nothing but problems
By laura alvarez

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Problems with vcs, trac, abs lights coming on and medal grinding noise when making a right turn, it has been taken in several times to the Toyota dealership and they can't figure it out, read all the reviews about this problem and decided not worth the hassle and felt very unsafe driving it, returned it for another vehicle, 2006 gmc Yukon what a shame for being a Toyota; had a Chevy 2003 suburban for 6 years 120,000 miles, not one problem other than fuel pump, should have kept it!

great looking vehicle

Do a recall about the vcs, trac, abs light, problem.

Not bad but having VSC issues at 100K
By Jim

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just turned 100K for 2003 sequoia and pretty good truck. Have had a few recent issues with the VSC light and needed sensor replacements as well as timing belt at 90K for about $1500 but other then that, pretty reliable. I have four kids (two in college) and we use for trips back and forth. I hope to drive and put 250K miles...

Nice ride on highway with fairly decent mileage of around 19/20mpg.

Fix small issues like gas gauge, vsc issues, power outlet covers that are broken.