2002 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Review: The best. I should know.

2002 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Review

SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

The best. I should know.
By TommyBright on

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Retired pro cycle racer, driven everything but a Lamburger-Weenie in 800,000 accident-free miles. We've bought 4 more Toyotas since my first went 407,000 miles (my new Chevy was junky), but we are astounded how perfect this one is: Our finest, tightest, best-laid-out car ever. Quieter at 70 than a new Eldo. Just finished a 1,000-miler with 4 aboard. Seats, cupholders, instruments just right, kept us alert for the word and encyclopedia games that helped the miles roll past. Now, 'Burbans and Expos are just wannabes. I believe Toyota engineers are respected and paid attention to --- nowhere have we found slapdash design or build compromises.

View out, all around. Doors, tailgate, hood close perfectly solid. Every control has quality feel. Paint is butter-smooth, like a hot-rod show job. 10 variably-shaped cupholders. We especially enjoy winning enviro arguments with our Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle rating!

2-driver mirror and seat memory, more reachable middle row cupholders (maybe by the door hinges so they don't splash when doors are closed), Toyota OEM GPS navigation system.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review