The best. I should know.
By TommyBright on
2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)
Retired pro cycle racer, driven everything but a Lamburger-Weenie in 800,000 accident-free miles. We've bought 4 more Toyotas since my first went 407,000 miles (my new Chevy was junky), but we are astounded how perfect this one is: Our finest, tightest, best-laid-out car ever. Quieter at 70 than a new Eldo. Just finished a 1,000-miler with 4 aboard. Seats, cupholders, instruments just right, kept us alert for the word and encyclopedia games that helped the miles roll past. Now, 'Burbans and Expos are just wannabes. I believe Toyota engineers are respected and paid attention to --- nowhere have we found slapdash design or build compromises.
Favorite Features
View out, all around. Doors, tailgate, hood close perfectly solid. Every control has quality feel. Paint is butter-smooth, like a hot-rod show job. 10 variably-shaped cupholders. We especially enjoy winning enviro arguments with our Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle rating!
Suggested Improvements
2-driver mirror and seat memory, more reachable middle row cupholders (maybe by the door hinges so they don't splash when doors are closed), Toyota OEM GPS navigation system.