2002 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Review: questionable build quality

2002 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Review

SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 4-speed Automatic)

questionable build quality
By rich on

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

owned since new. brought home with a transmission fluid leak- taken care of and has not been a problem. The rear door handle recently came off for the second time. First time about a year old under warranty. This time $400+ to repair. Had rear window motor replaced at the same time as the window has not worked for the last two years. Another $400 and change. Turn signal has not canceled itself for last year- $700 to fix, said no thanks. Interior pull handles broke months after purchase and driver's seat leather (dealer installed at purchase) is torn. Rear dome light works one out of ten times- dealer unable to find short. First and last Toyota. The car has less than 60K on it.

looks. roomy second row.Good engine.

quality of materials. Front seat lateral support
By junior_33055
on 02/12/12 19:55 PM (PST)

Everything you just named happened to me and my Sequioa. Interior handles $23 each, installed all four in 20 minutes; Hatch door handle $68, installed in 35 minutes. Turn signal, change the fuse. If you check youtube.com, you can fix almost anything. I took my Sequoia to the dealership and they were charging almost $400 for each thing, my wife told me to check youtube and I found all of the information and videos.