2002 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Review: Electrical Problems

2002 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Electrical Problems
By lauralee on

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is an extremely comfortable SUV. The gas mileage is terrible, but size does matter. I have had issues with the electrical system, and now the air conditioning compressor. I cannot turn of the TRAC control off or on. Occasionally, the high beams are not usable. Now the air compressor just locked up. This vehicle has led a pampered life with all maintenance taken care of by dealerships. The mileage is only 68,000. What gives? This is my first Toyota, and I purchased because of the outstanding reputation for reliability. This has not been my experience with this vehicle. The gas mileage is also terrible. 15.6 MPG.

The leather seats are the best I have ever sat in. The space is great. Visibility for the driver is great.

The rear hatch is too heavy. I would install power assist on future models. Maintain reliability. Improve the gas mileage. Offer a diesel engine.