2002 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Wow !! This thing continues to amaze
By Sequoia Eric in OR on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We at all the SportUtes and bought the Sequoia. Recently sold a Chev product & had nothing but troubles with the build quality, ride & mech's. Wanted another but were wary. The Ford products were about the same. We like the features, reputation & build quality. No leather & sunroof. We did get the alloy package & the dual climate control. The dealer dealings were a breeze, no trade-in, had our own loan lined up and "stole" in for about $3,800.00 under list. At the time dealers were getting $1000 + mark up over sticker. We've had it 14 months & even with higher gas prices we still love the vehicle. No problems. It's a Toyota...

Hood Protector, Tires
By ironmike on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have a hood protector (factory installed)that deflects every piece of debris from the road into my windshield. It looks as if someone took shots at my car...about 20 cracks. The dunlop tires put on the 2002 models were junk that had no treadwear. Replaced them after 22,000 miles. 2001 model had michelin ltx, which are great. Oil gauge went bad, and fuel latch was on service bulletin. Could not put gas in my car, until it was fixed. All else is well.

Best ride on the road!
By SouthernAce on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My wife and I couldn't be happier with the Sequoia.

True Luxury SUV
By thea on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love everything about the Sequoia except the fuel economy. It rides better than my E-320 Mercedes and I just love it's plush leather seats and quiet interior. It's so roomy that even the third row occupant don't feel like third class citizens.

absolutely satisfied
By Dr. D on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a Land Cruiser, a Range Rover, a Discovery, and 2 Dodge trucks previously and find myself extremely satisfied with the Sequoia. For a full size SUV, it's the best value for the money considering all factors.

I love my sequoia!
By trawe on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

It is a large vehicle and if you need the space, this is the suv for you.

Love the Gas Guzzler!
By cruisin family on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This SUV is fun to drive, hauls everything from kids to adults to you name it. Smooth ride. Gas mileage could be lots better. Avg 16mpg city/hwy.

Sequoia Happy!
By Firsttimetoyotabuyer on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Overall, we are very satisfied with our purchase. The kids love the DVD player, Mom loves the handling, and quiet ride, Dad loves the peace and quiet on a trip because the kids are entertained (not fighting) and Mom doesn't have anything to complain about.

To Die for!
By Socalxrider on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is top notch, comming from a 1999 suburban, this SUV rocks. The off road capabilites are outstanding the roominess of the third row seating is amazing.

excellent big SUV
By guo5598 on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Much better than my 98 Mercedes ML320, use cheap gas. I got 17+ MPG. So much space. Smooth power train. Quite, and reliability is just excellent.