Used 2002 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Get One...
By Nopars

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

If you want a big SUV - this is it. Looked at all the others (any you know who they are)- none compared to this car. Excellent quality thoughout with better passenger room than any of the domestics. I don't know about towing as we only towed trailor with AUV or lawnmower. You won't be disappointed. We would buy it again!!

Style, rear seat leg room, ride (much more comfortable than other SUVs), low maintaince, resell value

every vehicle could get better gas mileage - this one averages 15mpg of regular.

Love it!
By molly phy

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great vehicle. Has never been in the shop for any reason. We drive on several vacations/year and always have plenty of room for our two kids and suitcases. Very reliable and much better gas mileage than the Expedition I used to own.

Very roomy. Drives like a car.

Hard to see behind you when backing up. Only complaint I have.

Toyota Sequoia SR5 - 2002
By Ricardo Jalube

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

It is a SUV built to last. Excellent reliability and build quality. After 48K Miles looks, smell and sound like brand new.

Soft, safe, sharp driving. Sporty performance. Very well build.

Fuel economy. Cost of services at dealer.

i'm lovin' it!
By sandman91b

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Since my wife and I are both 6'3" and have 3 children we have been thru the ropes with Ford and Chevy both. After owning my Malibu for 4 months I swore I'd never own another Chevy or Ford product. I did get wrangled into test driving a Trailblazer EXT. During the test drive the 4WD went out and the side window got stuck in an open condition. That was the end of that. I did alot of review reading on several vehicles and it took me to Toyota. I went out to the dealer and test drove the Highlander(way too small for 5) then the 4Runner(just a hair to small) then we climbed into the Sequoia. It was a match made in heaven. My dad has a Camry..300,000+.

Roominess,heat and air auto controls. The look.

the radio and air control panel could be closer to the driver.

What a Turkey
By RobMcP

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Toyota doesn't know how to build trucks or take care of customers. 4WD broke first time I used 4WLow in deep snow (in my driveway). Dealer accused me of abuse (had to be because Toyota's don't break...unbelievable arrogance). Got it resolved (had to go to another dealer who took mercy on me) but Toyota help center was no help at all. Took 2 months to resolve and repair. It also eats brakes (we drive VERY conservatively) and the windshield has cracked twice for no apparent reason. Clicking noise of fuel injectors when cold. Overall, a total turkey. If you want to buy a full-sized SUV buy American. Lesson learned.

Gets pretty good MPG for a large SUV (20 hgwy at 65); power folding mirrors; power rear window

Get a trasnfer case that wont break when you use it. Fix noisy injectors, windshield crack problem, and put bigger brakes on it. Could also use more power (smooth but slow).