2002 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY CAR!!!
By Queen Victoria on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

It is very liberating and comfortable to drive. I love how roomy the inside is. It's also very dependable and have never had a problem with it EVER!!! I feel very safe in my Sequoia and I know my 3 year old and 15 month old are safe as well. I recommend it to everyone with or without children.

Sequoia
By John Buck on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Toyota has been problem free from the beginning.

A Great Truck (SUV)
By JohnS on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

So far it is what I expected... A great truck that has performed to my expectations. I only problem that I have had is that the A/C seized and the whole system had to be replaced on Toyota's nickle. It has plenty of room and seats eight folks comfortably. Performance is good for a big vehicle, could use a little more punch but does very well. I got the Toyota for it's reliability and for its longevity... I don't plan on getting one for a while.

Simply better made and thought through
By inbox on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We upgraded to Sequoia from a Chrysler T&C. Talk about night and day. Gone are the just-off fit and finish issues. Gone are the 'why didn't they just put one of those here...' disappointments. This is our first non-"american" car, and I feel a but foolish for having clung to inferiority simply out of patriotism.

buy it
By buyit on 06/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great SUV! I have had other SUV's but none better than this. Buy it, you will noy regret it.

beware the AC
By wishicouldrecommend on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

would love to recommend the sequoia, but can't. with less than 10,000 miles of easy driving, ours is back in the shop a 3rd time for a broken AC. there is a technical service bulletin on the AC problems, so it is an acknowledged problem. first, the compressor seized causing $1,700 worth of warranty repairs. now, the AC mostly doesn't work. service department doesn't know what's wrong. they seem to be guessing. for $40,000, and being a toyota, this experience has been a true disappointment. the only other person i know with a sequoia had the same problems. what are the chances? well, it tells me that this must be a fairly widespread problem.

Great Family Vehicle
By russo188 on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Our family of 5 (3 boys) and friends can ride comfortably in this SUV The drive is incredible. We have had numerous SUV's. My husband was a die hard Chevy man and Toyota has changed him!

2002 Toyota Sequoia
By rich99 on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this car for a year, and was a replacement for a minivan. Paid $34,500 for the SR-5. So far it has lived up to expectations. Love the fact that the rear seat can actually sit an adult (vs the Tahoe, where your knees are in your face). Gas mileage not to bad, average 16.5 on highway trips. Anti-skid control seems to kick in too easily on snowy days. Towing capacity was not an issue for me, might be for others. All in all very happy and would recommend it to others.

best suv!
By dotron on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

after extensive searching, we found THE best suv for the money. roomy and comfy, but drives like a dream. solid yet smooth. not bad on gas. toyota reliability and re-sale. a perfect big family tripper that thinks it's a sports car!

excellent
By Damian Leonard on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best buy for the bucks in large SUV's