2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Love it!
By molly phy on 07/17/05 17:22 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great vehicle. Has never been in the shop for any reason. We drive on several vacations/year and always have plenty of room for our two kids and suitcases. Very reliable and much better gas mileage than the Expedition I used to own.

Toyota Sequoia SR5 - 2002
By Ricardo Jalube on 02/26/05 23:48 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

It is a SUV built to last. Excellent reliability and build quality. After 48K Miles looks, smell and sound like brand new.

i'm lovin' it!
By sandman91b on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Since my wife and I are both 6'3" and have 3 children we have been thru the ropes with Ford and Chevy both. After owning my Malibu for 4 months I swore I'd never own another Chevy or Ford product. I did get wrangled into test driving a Trailblazer EXT. During the test drive the 4WD went out and the side window got stuck in an open condition. That was the end of that. I did alot of review reading on several vehicles and it took me to Toyota. I went out to the dealer and test drove the Highlander(way too small for 5) then the 4Runner(just a hair to small) then we climbed into the Sequoia. It was a match made in heaven. My dad has a Camry..300,000+.

What a Turkey
By RobMcP on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Toyota doesn't know how to build trucks or take care of customers. 4WD broke first time I used 4WLow in deep snow (in my driveway). Dealer accused me of abuse (had to be because Toyota's don't break...unbelievable arrogance). Got it resolved (had to go to another dealer who took mercy on me) but Toyota help center was no help at all. Took 2 months to resolve and repair. It also eats brakes (we drive VERY conservatively) and the windshield has cracked twice for no apparent reason. Clicking noise of fuel injectors when cold. Overall, a total turkey. If you want to buy a full-sized SUV buy American. Lesson learned.

Sequoia Review
By Chad Gosda on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very quiet ride and engine; extremely reliable; very spacious, with great usability and versatility on use of the cabin/cargo space; easy to operate; respectable gas mileage, better than peers; for such a powerful V-8, nice look. Do know that this is a large, full-size vehicle, tougher to manuever and drive for those inexperienced.

Undecided
By dalex on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

While the truck has performed well generally and is great in snow and rain, but there have been inumerable other "minor mechancial failures" such as power locks, windows and antena's all needing repairs as well other other issues. The problem...? These items are out of warantee and should not be breaking on a 2.5 yr old truck and have cost over $2,000 to repair. Toyota should come up with fold flat middle and rear seats. While they fold down, they do not fld flat and are cumbersome to remove from the truck and as a result take up considerable storage room when carrying cargo. Also the engine is slightly under powered.

2002 sequoia sr5
By helmut on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

great vehicle, tough to see what's behind you when reversing, eats up the highway and off-road nicely, great for large families

Not Bad
By David B on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Looked at a few dif big suv,s,like style,toyota qual. tho u can see how the price was trimmed, we have a Rav 4,much is similar in looks and feel, not really what you would expect on a car like this,not flimsy but not substantial. Seems like a good car all in all, however,one thing i was not impressed with were the seats,drivers needs more side support, i felt like i would slide off, also my left leg rubbed against the door panel, it was uncomfortable.

HAPPY TRAILS
By JERI on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

BASIC 4WD BUT IT WORKS GREAT ( SNOW, MUD,SAND,RAIN)COMFORT OUTSTANDING,FUN TO DRIVE ON LONG TRIPS PARKS REAL EASY ALSO ROOM FOR EIGHT ADULTS NOT JUST KIDS

Best Buy for under 45K!
By S. Rand on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We considered EVERY SUV on the market for 45K or less b4 buying (Tahoe, Envoy, Jeep, Yukon, etc). We took the time to dive/ride in each one b4 deciding. Ultimately Toyota held its value the longest, had the nicest feel (plushy) and reliability, and got us the most bang for our buck. Would recommend to all and would rebuy!