2002 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Sequoia - It's not just a tree anymore!
By david on 08/27/06 12:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Our Sequoia has over 90k miles, and there have been 2 problems: the oxygen sensor went out ($170), back window motor went out (dealer fixed). Phenomenal build quality, super quiet except some wind noise (to be expected with large suv). High quality leather. Large sunroof.

Smooth ride! Watch your wallet.
By 4dfmbz on 08/14/06 15:04 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

i bought my seq used it was a 2002 sr5 with all bells! My only concern is the brakes. I have had to replace pads twice in one year and rotors once. I do drive quiet a bit. I bought the car with 23k it has 63K in a little over a year. But the car is a joy to drive, very smooth, like the lexus. Had to replace battery, I left on the lights, tires, and brakes.. The car is defint reliable. I would def by another. But only used. The gas will murder your wallet. At aound 3.00 a gallon, you're looking at 85.00 to fill. Brakes run about 200-400, tires are 500.00. So we are buying a smaller car for commuting purposes. The SUV will be for trips and weekends only.

MOM OF THREE AND HERE WE GO
By Florida Mom on 08/01/06 11:36 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I was very torn on getting another van or getting an suv. I did know I wanted a Toyota. So I took them both home to test drive and my husband ultimatley made my decision for me. We have a boat and we take it places so I needed something big enough to tow that. I love my Sequoia and I don't see myself getting anything else it is a great comfortable ride and my kids all have there own space. Towing a boat to the Florida Keys was a breeze for the truck also we had no problems what so ever. I love the styling of it. Gas is always a problem nowadays with whatever you drive unless they come out with a hybrid I will drive this till I am old and grey.

Couldn't Be A Toyota
By azmark on 06/22/06 21:28 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great highway cruiser. Very comfortable. However, not the Toyota quality I expected. Interior trim pieces kept falling off. Had to do a $2200 front brake job (entire front brake system!) due to poor quality in original materials. Toyota knew about this from the early Tundra's, but never fessed up. I've owned several Toyotas, Hondas and Nissans. This SUV was a big disappointment. Did I mention the poor gas mileage and anemic power? HP up for the latter years, but the original engine was smooth, put underpowered for the weight of the vehicle. Shame on you Toyota!

Best SUV I am glad its mine
By Karen on 05/10/06 04:30 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I wanted a truck that was comfortable so we purchased this vehicle so my husband could travel comfortably due to a back injury. We traveled across country with it and he had no problems at all with his back. The vehicle has given us no problems at all. Women out there I would recommend this vehicle to you. It is high so you can see over the cars ahead of you, its very comfortable, I can't say enough about it I love it and so do my dogs.

LOVE IT
By Susan on 03/16/06 20:50 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota. I plan on buying another of the same one. I love it. I've owed several SUVs that drive like trucks -very rough - not this one! Smooth like a car. I have a long commute, so it is much appreciated.

My Toyota experience
By luan nuriu on 12/01/05 16:44 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed my big SUV for a little over 3 years. I only have positive things to say about it. My job as a dealership service manager (with Mercedes-Benz) I have the opportunity to drive the ML on a daily basis and see the repair frequency of Mercedes- Benz & other makes and models as the dealership takes trades in all the time. I can tell you that Toyota's quality is 2nd to none! My Toyota SUV is a joy to own and drive, I recommend it to any one in need of a full size SUV.

Good Quality Truck, so so Mileage
By AD on 11/02/05 10:02 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased in 5/02. Build quality has been superb. In three years here is what has been replaced (except for maintenance items): Oil Pressure Gauge, Security Transmitters, and Brake Rotors--all by Warranty. Front Ball joints replaced under recall. Truck has been very solid. Good travel truck for a family. Interior has a tendancy to scratch and show scuffs. MPG is not as good as I like (~ 15) but considering the size and weight it is inline. Original tires were poor (Dunlop) replaced with Michelin cross terrain and are much improved! Blind spot is quite large and recommend small mirror additions to address. Would purchase again if gas prices had not jumped so much. Great vehicle!

disappointment
By txag on 10/21/05 11:12 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

While I love the size and comfort compared to other SUVs, I have had a number of non-drive train problems, none of which the dealership would fix under warranty, despite the truck being less than 3 years old. Antenna no longer retracts, several pieces of interior molding have had to be replaced, including the driver's side door handle, motor on liftgate window burnt up after only a couple of years, and the air conditioner is a piece of junk. Not only does the AC control decide whether you're getting hot or cold air depending on the temperature you choose (and it varies with outside temp), but the strength of the air output changes if you change the temperature, or if you accelerate.

Get One...
By Nopars on 07/27/05 15:31 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

If you want a big SUV - this is it. Looked at all the others (any you know who they are)- none compared to this car. Excellent quality thoughout with better passenger room than any of the domestics. I don't know about towing as we only towed trailor with AUV or lawnmower. You won't be disappointed. We would buy it again!!