Used 2002 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews - 196 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

My Sequoia
By Arvella

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My Sequoia is wonderful. I purchased it in April 2006 and it had 36,000 miles on it. I have had to pay only for oil changes. I rotate the tires every other oil change. I now have 83k miles and I have purchased a battery. I will purchase tires this winter for the first time. Gas is expensive. When you drive a V8 gas is expensive. You can not purchase a more reliable SUV. You get what you pay for. It rolls on the freeway like ice. It is smooth. If you like heavy vehicles this is the truck for you. Its very classy and stylish. I have five children and we ride very comfortable. So do all of your research when you are getting ready to purchase a SUV. You will be satisfied with a Sequoia.

Its height. Very heavy and sturdy. Cute. Radio is nice. You have a lot of trunk space room for groceries. Your towing capacity is nice. The engine is large and sound.

None I am very satisfied with my Sequoia. It is the best investment in an SUV that I have made ever.

2002 Sequoia Review
By jay

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had mine about a year & have zero complaints. I bought it with 100K miles from a dealer who has sold me a number of Toyotas & I would not buy anything else. It is a used vehicle & friends comment that it looks very well kept. It drives great, visibility is great, never had any problems. gas mileage is not so good, but if you want great gas mileage, buy something else. If you want comfort & a reliable family SUV that protects you, you need to drive it!

very comfortable ride, good looking vehicle.

The dash clock is too low to read. Split tailgate would be nice, & the remote tailgate glass down feature is great, but why not allow it to raise also.

LOVE LOVE LOVE my truck....but....
By Wentz Family

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2002 sequoia now for 4 years and have only replaced tires. It is an amazing vehicle. When my husband and I were looking, a big issue with us is comfort. We are both tall and have small children and didn't want them kicking us every time drove in it. Unfortunately at this time my kids are getting a little big and we are looking to down size. But if you are looking for a reliable roomy SUV you can't go wrong with this sequoia.

ROOMY. Comfortable on long trips.

Gas gas gas.

02 Sequoia
By L.M. Smith

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is another outstanding vehicle from Toyota. It's great on the highway or off roading. Drive it to the symphony or take it into the mountain tops of New Mexico. The complete vehicle!

The view or visiblity is great.

None

Not your favorite toy. Beware!!
By redmanct

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Purchase the suv with 69,000 miles. My wife had been on me about one so I got it for her. First the rear window motor went out. The reason I purchased it Edmunds had such good ratings and it's a Toyota. Now at 82,000 miles my transmission went out while my wife were driving it. (@ 82,000 miles) I will never buy another Toyota. Very disappointed.

Folding mirrors, sound system, room.