2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
LOVE LOVE LOVE my truck....but....
By Wentz Family on 07/31/08 06:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2002 sequoia now for 4 years and have only replaced tires. It is an amazing vehicle. When my husband and I were looking, a big issue with us is comfort. We are both tall and have small children and didn't want them kicking us every time drove in it. Unfortunately at this time my kids are getting a little big and we are looking to down size. But if you are looking for a reliable roomy SUV you can't go wrong with this sequoia.

02 Sequoia
By L.M. Smith on 06/05/08 20:38 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is another outstanding vehicle from Toyota. It's great on the highway or off roading. Drive it to the symphony or take it into the mountain tops of New Mexico. The complete vehicle!

Not your favorite toy. Beware!!
By redmanct on 05/27/08 20:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Purchase the suv with 69,000 miles. My wife had been on me about one so I got it for her. First the rear window motor went out. The reason I purchased it Edmunds had such good ratings and it's a Toyota. Now at 82,000 miles my transmission went out while my wife were driving it. (@ 82,000 miles) I will never buy another Toyota. Very disappointed.

Mileage is the ONLY downfall
By Pam on 12/13/07 20:52 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My Sequoia has been a delight from the very first day. My friends assumed from the look, feel and ride of it, that it was new. I certainly didn't correct them!! On highway trips, it rides like cloud. In town, it handles and responds very well. The gas mileage is the single issue I have with it. I average approximately 16 mpg. Wish it were 21 or more. Love it anyway!

Not impressed - what next?
By Very high maintenanc on 11/02/07 09:12 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Lift gate window motor went out right after warranty expired, 3 years old, I've replaced all the interior door handles because they broke off ($100 a pop), constant brake problems, $500 avg price to fix every time the rotors have to be machined and brake pads changed, which is about once a year. I've spent about $4000 in repairs due to poor build.

2002 4WD Sequoia
By Prefers Harleys on 10/22/07 16:51 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new in 2002 and now have 110K miles on vehicle with little problems. After 2 years, rear window got REAL sluggish, so we left it up for a year afraid it would break. Toyota told us they had replaced a lot of motors. Waited one year, did nothing, works fine now. Too big to really go brush busting but wife likes it. I prefer my 1985 Land Cruiser. Parking brake stinks and truck lurchs forward after applying brake on slight incline. 3 weeks after brake service can drive 55 mph with parking brake on before realizing it's on. Sister bought an 06, no parking brake problem. Mileage improved after 100K. Now we get 16.6 mpg in Georgia. Only get 6 mpg pulling 3500 pound boat though.

Pleased and Proud
By jeannette dean on 08/02/07 09:09 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle because it gives me a feeling of security, it's powerful, it's roomy (allowing at least eight passengers comfortably and two bikes) and the design is majestic. I drove across country in it and found the gas mileage to be more than reasonable for a vehicle that size. This vehicle is loaded and every conceivable convenience has been considered.

Electrical Problems
By lauralee on 03/09/07 13:39 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is an extremely comfortable SUV. The gas mileage is terrible, but size does matter. I have had issues with the electrical system, and now the air conditioning compressor. I cannot turn of the TRAC control off or on. Occasionally, the high beams are not usable. Now the air compressor just locked up. This vehicle has led a pampered life with all maintenance taken care of by dealerships. The mileage is only 68,000. What gives? This is my first Toyota, and I purchased because of the outstanding reputation for reliability. This has not been my experience with this vehicle. The gas mileage is also terrible. 15.6 MPG.

Awesome truck
By Elizabeth on 02/09/07 20:32 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this used at 85,000 miles, always looked at the Sequoia from afar, never thought I would own one, bought it used at a great price and have been thrilled ever since! Comfy, powerful, stylish, CD speaker system is the bomb and the sunroof is huge, you almost think it's a convertible! Lots of room and I feel really safe in it, the curtain airbags were a plus for me and my kids. The gas mileage stinks, but what do you expect in an 8 cylinder?? It's an awesome truck!

Best in its class - by far
By jsotis on 10/25/06 09:56 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

What a phenomenal vehicle! All Expedition/Tahoe/Suburban shoppers do yourselves a favor and test drive the Sequoia. The differences will be glaringly obvious including the interior features, the convenience and placement of the dashboard knobs/buttons, the purr of the V8 engine and the sleek exterior design.