2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Lot for the money
By orange on 03/15/02 17:36 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Friends who own other SUVs love our Sequoia for its look, interior space and engine smoothness. Our kids now refuse to ride Mom's Benz or the Pathfinder. Looked at the Expedition because of huge discount but bought Sequoia instead. No regret.

love it
By steve D on 03/11/02 11:59 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

When I first bought this SUV I didn't think that I would like it because of the size, but after a few days I realize that it is like driving a car. Toyota has thought of everything when they built this fullsize SUV. I test drove the Yukon and the Tahoe and they could not compete with the comfort and handling and performance of a Sequoia.

Just my thoughts
By neffster on 03/11/02 08:13 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Where are the memory seats and mirrors??? Just one step away from perfection...

Sequoia
By moe on 03/10/02 13:27 PM (PST)

Good reliable SUV

The best of the best!
By doc182 on 03/09/02 12:13 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The title explains it all!

Big Disappointment
By jwwatl on 03/09/02 09:07 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

After having a Ford Expedition, I would only buy a Toyota. This vehicle vibrates terribly. You will also lose your children if you open one of the rear windows while your driving. They will get sucked out the back and you'll break your ear drums. This is a definite design flaw. Toyota is aware of this and is working on a redesign of the aero dynamics. I have heard that a bug guard and the rear spoiler help but I'm getting rid of mine as soon as I can.

Bigger but not Better
By 3lakeswi on 03/07/02 16:21 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Toyota is far bigger than any before it, but is by no means better. A goofy and unavoidable traction control system that actually governs the engine, exterior pieces that mysteriously disappear, and other problems plague our Sequoia. The engine and driveline (excluding the traction control) deliver good power and reliability with decent mileage. The interior styling is blah and the newness wears off of this vehicle rapidly.

Very Big SUV
By CanoeCrazy on 03/06/02 20:39 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I lost room going from an Aerostar AWD extended van, but I gained ground clearance and an extra seat. I canoe in Maine and need the ground clearance that the van could not deliver for the logging roads. One problem is that the truck is so high that I have troble loading a canoe on the useless roof rack. I will buy a canoe trailer! 4WD and traction control are OK in snow, but the skid control doesn't do much. This is a HIGH vehicle and the running boards help greatly getting in.

time will tell
By silverseqltd on 03/06/02 12:53 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've got approximately 4000 miles on the truck now. The dealership replaced the water pump under warranty when I took it in for an oil change. The ride is nice but I knew that from test driving other 4x4's before the purchase. I also like the Sequoia's exterior looks and overall build quality. The water pump, well, time will tell me if it lives up to Toyota's typical build quality ......

Great Sequoia
By Jim M on 03/06/02 11:58 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle to drive. Lot of fun on the wide open mountain roads of New Hampshire. Everyone that see the SUV loves the style!!