Used 2002 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Mama loves this SUV
By Cuz44

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Looked at the RX300 and MDX but they were either too small or rode too roughly. The Sequoia does neither. Both intown and highway driving are a pleasure and my wife loves the height, visibility and secure feeling she gets. Toyota quality helps, as well. So far, so good; we both are enjoying this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Cargo capacity, visibility, handling, and regular gas.

Suggested Improvements

Console mounted gear shift, longer driver seat arm rest, auto-dim rear mirror, upgraded chrome wheels

Great Truck
By toyo33

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had the SUV for almost a year now and I love almost everything about it. The only thing that bothers me is the loud noise when you have the rear windows rolled down. Also more power would be great. Before I bought it I was also looking at the Chevy Tahoe because I have a GM card and get points towards a vehicle but I decided to go with the Sequoia because it is more reliable and its a Toyota. I here people complain that you cant drive over 100 miles per hour, well you shouldnt be driving that fast with such a big vehicle in the first place. Theres never going to be a car that is perfect but this one is close enough.

Favorite Features

The smooth ride and handling, feels like a lexus. Quite engine and all the things that really matter.

Suggested Improvements

Navigational System, memory seats, lumbar support for passenger seat, bigger tires and most important more power. They need to make a bigger engine 4.7 liters is not going to cut it for long.

Best Experience
By Ramon

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is one of the best cars I have ever owned. The fuel economy was a surprise to me. I was expecting it to consume a lot of gas but surprisingly it doesn't. Drives very smooth and has good acceleration for a big SUV.

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

There is nothing to really improve.

Awesome!
By AHS

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is one big SUV! Toyota makes a great product. When deciding between the Ford Expidition, Yukon, and the Suburban there was no comparison. The build quality, resell value, and overall comfort won out.

Favorite Features

Leather interior, moon roof, AM/FM/CD and V8 engine.

Suggested Improvements

Put radio controls on the steering wheel.

Take the Whole Family for a Ride
By LuvMySUV

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Previous owner of a '95 Isuzu Rodeo from '95 to '98, back to a car, back to a real SUV. My Toyota Sequoia seats all of my shopping buddies and accomodates the family on trips to the South with comfort. It's ride is oh so smoooooth! Mileage isn't great, but I knew that prior to purchase. Purchased 12/2001, drove from Chicago to Atlanta New Years' weekend. No drama, no backaches or body aches.

Favorite Features

Seating capacity totals 8. Side air bags.

Suggested Improvements

Rear radio controls.