2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Can't give it up
By Kristen on 08/14/10 07:16 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We just wrapped up a 5500 mile summer road trip from Texas to Canada, through the north east, down the east coast and back. We are a family of 4 and we couldn't have done this without our Sequoia. We took out one of the back row seats & folded up the passenger side middle row seat. The kids were in two different rows and we had coolers for food & drinks. The truck is roomy enough for all of us to spread out for the long haul. Awesome. PLUS, we have never, ever had an engine problem. We replaced the back window motor, but that's it. GREAT truck. Can't imagine having another vehicle.

Wow what a vehicle!
By Andy on 12/30/09 14:28 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my Sequoia since new and have just rolled over 300,000 Miles! This vehicle has been a real workhorse with 5 kids (4 girls - imagine the luggage) and numerous vacations. It has never let us down! The only mechanical issues I have had has been replacement of rear wheel seals twice and front ball joints (due to recall). I can't say enough good things about this vehicle. When clean, it still looks new inside and out. I have never garage kept, but paint in excellent shape. I have found that the rear door window is often faulty, but it is usually not the motor as you'll see on other posts. About 200k miles ago, I put some dieelectric grease in the motor connector prob. solved.

questionable build quality
By rich on 12/05/09 19:49 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

owned since new. brought home with a transmission fluid leak- taken care of and has not been a problem. The rear door handle recently came off for the second time. First time about a year old under warranty. This time $400+ to repair. Had rear window motor replaced at the same time as the window has not worked for the last two years. Another $400 and change. Turn signal has not canceled itself for last year- $700 to fix, said no thanks. Interior pull handles broke months after purchase and driver's seat leather (dealer installed at purchase) is torn. Rear dome light works one out of ten times- dealer unable to find short. First and last Toyota. The car has less than 60K on it.

Great road trip vehicle
By Will on 05/29/09 23:13 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Sequoia is great for road trips, can hold lots of stuff, mechanically hasn't left me stranded. Best light duty off road ride of any SUV I've ridden. However, it is a pig to drive in town, the exhaust manifold noise, I swear gets louder every day, and this is even after I had the "Tundra" factory recall performed on my Sequoia exhaust manifold. The vehicle has never had better than 15.5 mpg avg. Interior is falling apart (like a 90s era GM). Color keyed exterior plastics, like mirrors and spoilers have shedded their clear coat (like all 4yr old Korean cars). Stereo bad. Rear window on lift gate is stuck up, even after warranty repair. A/C clutch went out 92k mi. Resale value is terrible!

Super SUV
By JUNIOR JOE on 02/18/09 14:10 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Sequoia used with 22,000 miles. The SUV has been super in every aspect except the front brakes, rotors warped three times, the Toyota dealer replaced at no charge to me for both rotors and pads. It is very comfortable on long trips for front and rear passengers. The average mpg is 16 that I can live with. Hauling my travel trailer it gets 11 mpg, still ok in my book, since the trailer weighs 5,500 lbs fully loaded. I have had no problem with the engine and transmission, both run very smooth.

2002 Sequoia Review
By jay on 08/23/08 07:13 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had mine about a year & have zero complaints. I bought it with 100K miles from a dealer who has sold me a number of Toyotas & I would not buy anything else. It is a used vehicle & friends comment that it looks very well kept. It drives great, visibility is great, never had any problems. gas mileage is not so good, but if you want great gas mileage, buy something else. If you want comfort & a reliable family SUV that protects you, you need to drive it!

LOVE LOVE LOVE my truck....but....
By Wentz Family on 07/31/08 06:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2002 sequoia now for 4 years and have only replaced tires. It is an amazing vehicle. When my husband and I were looking, a big issue with us is comfort. We are both tall and have small children and didn't want them kicking us every time drove in it. Unfortunately at this time my kids are getting a little big and we are looking to down size. But if you are looking for a reliable roomy SUV you can't go wrong with this sequoia.

Best in its class - by far
By jsotis on 10/25/06 09:56 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

What a phenomenal vehicle! All Expedition/Tahoe/Suburban shoppers do yourselves a favor and test drive the Sequoia. The differences will be glaringly obvious including the interior features, the convenience and placement of the dashboard knobs/buttons, the purr of the V8 engine and the sleek exterior design.

MOM OF THREE AND HERE WE GO
By Florida Mom on 08/01/06 11:36 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I was very torn on getting another van or getting an suv. I did know I wanted a Toyota. So I took them both home to test drive and my husband ultimatley made my decision for me. We have a boat and we take it places so I needed something big enough to tow that. I love my Sequoia and I don't see myself getting anything else it is a great comfortable ride and my kids all have there own space. Towing a boat to the Florida Keys was a breeze for the truck also we had no problems what so ever. I love the styling of it. Gas is always a problem nowadays with whatever you drive unless they come out with a hybrid I will drive this till I am old and grey.

My Toyota experience
By luan nuriu on 12/01/05 16:44 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed my big SUV for a little over 3 years. I only have positive things to say about it. My job as a dealership service manager (with Mercedes-Benz) I have the opportunity to drive the ML on a daily basis and see the repair frequency of Mercedes- Benz & other makes and models as the dealership takes trades in all the time. I can tell you that Toyota's quality is 2nd to none! My Toyota SUV is a joy to own and drive, I recommend it to any one in need of a full size SUV.

1 2 3 4 5 next »