2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Excellent Vehicle
By JJ on 12/16/09 12:07 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I can fit my family of 5 very comfortably in this SUV. Rides like a Lexus and gets pretty good mileage for the size. Very smooth quiet ride. I will drive the wheels off of mine.

Not your favorite toy. Beware!!
By redmanct on 05/27/08 20:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Purchase the suv with 69,000 miles. My wife had been on me about one so I got it for her. First the rear window motor went out. The reason I purchased it Edmunds had such good ratings and it's a Toyota. Now at 82,000 miles my transmission went out while my wife were driving it. (@ 82,000 miles) I will never buy another Toyota. Very disappointed.

Mileage is the ONLY downfall
By Pam on 12/13/07 20:52 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My Sequoia has been a delight from the very first day. My friends assumed from the look, feel and ride of it, that it was new. I certainly didn't correct them!! On highway trips, it rides like cloud. In town, it handles and responds very well. The gas mileage is the single issue I have with it. I average approximately 16 mpg. Wish it were 21 or more. Love it anyway!

Electrical Problems
By lauralee on 03/09/07 13:39 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is an extremely comfortable SUV. The gas mileage is terrible, but size does matter. I have had issues with the electrical system, and now the air conditioning compressor. I cannot turn of the TRAC control off or on. Occasionally, the high beams are not usable. Now the air compressor just locked up. This vehicle has led a pampered life with all maintenance taken care of by dealerships. The mileage is only 68,000. What gives? This is my first Toyota, and I purchased because of the outstanding reputation for reliability. This has not been my experience with this vehicle. The gas mileage is also terrible. 15.6 MPG.

Sequoia - It's not just a tree anymore!
By david on 08/27/06 12:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Our Sequoia has over 90k miles, and there have been 2 problems: the oxygen sensor went out ($170), back window motor went out (dealer fixed). Phenomenal build quality, super quiet except some wind noise (to be expected with large suv). High quality leather. Large sunroof.

Best SUV I am glad its mine
By Karen on 05/10/06 04:30 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I wanted a truck that was comfortable so we purchased this vehicle so my husband could travel comfortably due to a back injury. We traveled across country with it and he had no problems at all with his back. The vehicle has given us no problems at all. Women out there I would recommend this vehicle to you. It is high so you can see over the cars ahead of you, its very comfortable, I can't say enough about it I love it and so do my dogs.

disappointment
By txag on 10/21/05 11:12 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

While I love the size and comfort compared to other SUVs, I have had a number of non-drive train problems, none of which the dealership would fix under warranty, despite the truck being less than 3 years old. Antenna no longer retracts, several pieces of interior molding have had to be replaced, including the driver's side door handle, motor on liftgate window burnt up after only a couple of years, and the air conditioner is a piece of junk. Not only does the AC control decide whether you're getting hot or cold air depending on the temperature you choose (and it varies with outside temp), but the strength of the air output changes if you change the temperature, or if you accelerate.

Still lovin' it!!!
By rwcarr on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Since the first test drive, I've been in love with this vehicle. I love the fact that it drives as easily as a car, but gives you the feel of total safety.

Lap of Luxury
By MCR on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Grew tired of the van, upgraded to SUV. Love my Sequoia, nothing like it. Interior like a Cadillac, roomier than a van, drives like a sedan, performs like a truck. One great package.

buy it
By buyit on 06/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great SUV! I have had other SUV's but none better than this. Buy it, you will noy regret it.