Used 2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Excellent Vehicle
By JJ

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I can fit my family of 5 very comfortably in this SUV. Rides like a Lexus and gets pretty good mileage for the size. Very smooth quiet ride. I will drive the wheels off of mine.

Dealer installed a DVD player with headphones. The JBL sound system. Towing capacity. Comfortable ride.

Not your favorite toy. Beware!!
By redmanct

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Purchase the suv with 69,000 miles. My wife had been on me about one so I got it for her. First the rear window motor went out. The reason I purchased it Edmunds had such good ratings and it's a Toyota. Now at 82,000 miles my transmission went out while my wife were driving it. (@ 82,000 miles) I will never buy another Toyota. Very disappointed.

Folding mirrors, sound system, room.

Mileage is the ONLY downfall
By Pam

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My Sequoia has been a delight from the very first day. My friends assumed from the look, feel and ride of it, that it was new. I certainly didn't correct them!! On highway trips, it rides like cloud. In town, it handles and responds very well. The gas mileage is the single issue I have with it. I average approximately 16 mpg. Wish it were 21 or more. Love it anyway!

Seat comfort. The amazing ride. Ginormous second seat.

Move the seat heater buttons. I turn them on accidentally all the time. That's not too spiffy on a hot July day in Texas...

Electrical Problems
By lauralee

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is an extremely comfortable SUV. The gas mileage is terrible, but size does matter. I have had issues with the electrical system, and now the air conditioning compressor. I cannot turn of the TRAC control off or on. Occasionally, the high beams are not usable. Now the air compressor just locked up. This vehicle has led a pampered life with all maintenance taken care of by dealerships. The mileage is only 68,000. What gives? This is my first Toyota, and I purchased because of the outstanding reputation for reliability. This has not been my experience with this vehicle. The gas mileage is also terrible. 15.6 MPG.

The leather seats are the best I have ever sat in. The space is great. Visibility for the driver is great.

The rear hatch is too heavy. I would install power assist on future models. Maintain reliability. Improve the gas mileage. Offer a diesel engine.

Sequoia - It's not just a tree anymore!
By david

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Our Sequoia has over 90k miles, and there have been 2 problems: the oxygen sensor went out ($170), back window motor went out (dealer fixed). Phenomenal build quality, super quiet except some wind noise (to be expected with large suv). High quality leather. Large sunroof.

Quality, quiet, back hatch window rolls down. Resale is outstanding.

Increase towing weight, and fuel economy (if that's possible) 16.5 miles per gallon.