Used 2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Tough and reliable
By Shane

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best auto I have ever owned ....never fails . Just put on off road tires .

Can't give it up
By Kristen

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We just wrapped up a 5500 mile summer road trip from Texas to Canada, through the north east, down the east coast and back. We are a family of 4 and we couldn't have done this without our Sequoia. We took out one of the back row seats & folded up the passenger side middle row seat. The kids were in two different rows and we had coolers for food & drinks. The truck is roomy enough for all of us to spread out for the long haul. Awesome. PLUS, we have never, ever had an engine problem. We replaced the back window motor, but that's it. GREAT truck. Can't imagine having another vehicle.

Size, ability to remove seats, look, reliability, ride.

Better gas mileage. If there was a hybrid version I'd definitely take a look - although I don't like that in the newer models the seats fold down or slide instead of being able to remove or flip them.

since new...
By Jim

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new in 2002 - love the vehicle. Left the van world an into the SUV world for the family - best thing we ever did. Great ride

The overall comfort of the vehicle. Very reliable and comfortable. Great ski ride. Ample room for all ski equipment and people.

Better rear window motor. That has been out and dealer wont replace it except to charge us for a new one.

Wow what a vehicle!
By Andy

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my Sequoia since new and have just rolled over 300,000 Miles! This vehicle has been a real workhorse with 5 kids (4 girls - imagine the luggage) and numerous vacations. It has never let us down! The only mechanical issues I have had has been replacement of rear wheel seals twice and front ball joints (due to recall). I can't say enough good things about this vehicle. When clean, it still looks new inside and out. I have never garage kept, but paint in excellent shape. I have found that the rear door window is often faulty, but it is usually not the motor as you'll see on other posts. About 200k miles ago, I put some dieelectric grease in the motor connector prob. solved.

Ride, safety, capacity, comfort.

Fix rear wheel bearing seal problem.

Excellent Vehicle
By JJ

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I can fit my family of 5 very comfortably in this SUV. Rides like a Lexus and gets pretty good mileage for the size. Very smooth quiet ride. I will drive the wheels off of mine.

Dealer installed a DVD player with headphones. The JBL sound system. Towing capacity. Comfortable ride.