So Far So Good
By rangermutt on
2001 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)
I purchased this used the summer of 2011 with 130,000 miles on the odometer and would never have purchased it with that many miles had I not seen records of the service that the original owner religiously followed at a local Toyota dealership. A new transmission was put in at just under 60k miles but otherwise the areas of complaint that I have read about including undersized brakes, frame rust-through and cracked exhaust headers I have not experienced (yet). I installed a trailer brake controller for towing a twin-axle 14 foot cargo trailer with GVWR of 6,500 lbs. I will also be driving it in the winter when the snow is too deep for my Miata.
Favorite Features
Great looks (two-tone forest green/gray exterior) with plush looking/feeling gray interior, very nice ride for a 4x4, power rear window (haven't seen this since my '80 Bronco), acceleration, automatic climate control front and rear.
Suggested Improvements
It's odd that items that should be standard are not included in a vehicle in this price range including auto-dimming mirror, compass, outside thermometer, lit vanity mirrors and remote key. The CD player does not play home recorded CD's and the radio reception is dismall, poor gas mileage for a small V8,