2001 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Review: Bought used at 90K miles, doin

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Review

Bought used at 90K miles, doing great
By UncleTurbo on

2001 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I needed a vehicle to tow a 2 horse trailer on a $10K budget. Found my Sequoia used with 89K miles in Oct. 2008. The dealer had detailed it so that it took a lot of hard looking to tell it was not a new car. Still at 90K miles you have to wonder. I checked it over and bought it and immediately changed all the fluids and made sure all maintenance was up to date. This motor needs a new timing belt at 90K and got that done, changed the plugs and they might have been the originals. The gas mileage computer showed the previous owner got 14 mpg. I am getting 18 overall. Great used vehicle for me, no issues now at 110K miles and 1 1/2 years later. Pulls the trailer great, lot of room.

Lots of power, good mpg if you drive it easy and keep speeds below 65, great tow vehicle, excellent interior (fabric seats) with thoughtful storage compartments, removed 3rd row seats for more carrying room, middle row seats fold up easily, have carted 3 full size interior doors home with ease.

It would be nice to be able to take out the middle seats at times for cargo. Otherwise won't change a thing, plan to keep this until it rusts out or I rust out whichever comes first. So far, no rust at all anywhere so that will be a long time.