2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Not happy with warranty coverage
By psfranco on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Overall the vehicle is fine. However, the driver side window has been squeeky lately. I went to open the window the other day, and the glass almost completely turned around. Took it into the dealership and guess what? Not covered under warranty. They want $700 to replace the motor. I'm sorry, but for something that has nothing to do with the actual "running" of the car should include reasonable wear and tear. What else does one do with a window besides press the button to roll it up or down? I'm pretty mad about this and Corporate Toyota will be getting a call.

My Love/Hate Relationship
By b1rd0g on 04/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Let's see...what hasn't gone wrong. My engine knocks like someone is hitting it with a hammer in cold weather...no kidding! I had the steering rack replaced due to failure. I've had driveline vibrations that Toyota can't figure out and feel like they are causing damage since 454 miles. I"ve had the brakes serviced four times. I've got an exhaust smell of rotten eggs entering the cabin upon acceleration. The VSC system kicks in and I lose all power at "very exciting" times, like entering fast moving traffic! That's not everything! However, I love to drive it, believe it or not. I just wish Toyota could resolve all of my issues.

considering one?
By mang on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

If you are considering this vehicle stop here. I went to Chicago Auto show and sat in all Suv's and can tell you this is the best! The seating and capacity will blow all competitors away. My neighbors bought a Denali and said they wish they would've bought a Sequoia after seeing mine. Just remember. It may be a little more $ but you get what you pay for!

What an SUV!!!
By Ace5 on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased a black Limited 4WD model and have loved all 28000 miles we've put on it. It's traveled cross country and it shines at high speeds. This SUV will creep up to 90MPH so easily its frightening. The interior is great -- get the grey leather -- Climate control is excellent, as is JBL. My only gripe would be make the front seat slide back a bit more for taller drivers. I'm 6'3 and I can find a more comfortable position in my ford expedition or Volvo XC. Also, the steering wheel feels like it was designed for girl hands-- very small, makes my hands cramp up. Those are my only suggestions. We have loved this car and would recommend it to anyone.

Excellent
By priscilla Hauck on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just love it! My husband and I leased it two years ago, and now we are going to purchase it, because we want to keep it.

pinch me
By Double J on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is the one! It's fun to drive and the quality is TOPS! I do alot of travel (40,000) and this truck is awesome! Previous owner of a few 4- runners and thought the added room would come in handy. The resale on toyota product is great if you take care of your vehicle. Cant say enough good things about the sequoia. Go out and drive one today..........

Too many little things
By tcj20202000 on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Sequoia is great to drive. Engine/transmission MUCH smoother than in my '98 Navigator. Big inside yet feels smaller to drive. Very quiet. Have had problems with rear window, interior plastic pieces, terrible design for rear controlled AC. Averall a great SUV, but without modifications would not repurchase.

Forget the others
By seavet on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

When I need to replace this auto, it will be another Sequoia.

Will I Buy Another Toyota?
By Calvin Swine on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Rattles worse than 10 year old Explorer. Fold up seats take foot off cargo capacity. JBL radio does not work. Speakers fade in and out - now only one speaker working. Supposedly a TSB on this. Repeated trips to the dealer "I can't make any money on this" service manager's quote! Interior fit and finish are average - side of leather seat already has a wear-hole. Car hesitates on acceleration after sharp turn, etc., etc. Very dissapointed in quality AND service. Toyota should be ashamed and should fire the service manager. After all of this the dealer charges me $40 for rental car. Toyota? Never again!!!!

Seqouia
By carlos williams on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very Good SUV, Beautiful ride, roomy and wide, drives better and more solid than other premium SUVs