2001 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
over priced
By bdouglaw on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I like everything about the Seqouia but the retail price.

Legendary Quality
By CincyJAS on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Legendary Toyota Quality is just that, a legend. I replaced ALL of the following in the first 12 months: 1) Control module for dashboard instruments 2) Front brake pads 3) Front rotors 4) Rear brake pads 5) Rear rotors 6) Hatch window weather seal 7) Hatch window wiper 8) Power steering pump 9) Alternator 10) Battery 11) Handgrips, coat hooks, etc. I replaced the following in year 2: 1) Brake Pads/Rotors on all 4 wheels 2) All 4 tires (between 25K - 30K miles) The on-the-fly 4 wheel drive system takes a LONG time (> 1 min) to engage.

I Love This Ride!
By AllenEli on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We just bought this Sequoia after looking at them for over 6 months. It's hard to find them, they are very popular and they really hold their value. We could've gotten a 2001 Ford Expedition for about $8,000 less, but the Sequoia is superior in every way and you can't hear the depreciation fly out the window like it's competition.

It's Been Great!
By Bamagirl on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Sequoia for over a year and so far it's been a great vehicle. We had a Ford Expedition before and we liked it, but we love our Sequoia! You can't compare the comfort & smooth ride that the Sequoia gives. It has a great look to it as well.

Greatest thing on wheels
By NG on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I got rid of a Lincoln Navigator to get this hunk of a SUV. If it were a man I would marry it.

What happened to Toyota reliability?
By Christopher Reynolds on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is the worst @#%#@$ SUV I have ever bought! I love Toyotas and currently own a Lexus LS400 but this truck has cause me nothing but grief. Lets see ... 10K transmission slips, knocking in engine like a gremlin with a ball peen hammer! Air conditioning works when it wants to. premature brake wear on the front rotors (Toyota mechanic confirmed this)

Best buy
By kalloo on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Overall very comfortable. Inspite of its size, handles well even at high speeds and in hilly areas. Not too difficult to parallel park. Gives 17-19mpg on Highway. about 15 in city of boise Had to replace tires at 20,000 and front brakes are already gone with just over 21000 miles.

tree
By sequoia love on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best buy I have made. I got rid of a Lincoln Navigator to get this SUV and I am glad I did. The Navigator was in the shop almost as much as it was on the road, the Sequoia has been in only for oil changes. It is great!

Think of what this car/truck is
By DAB on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Sequioas have had some A/C compressor issues, Tranny issues, iterior issues. All of which have come and gone. I just wanted to say that the VSC kicking in when pulling out in traffic when one of the rear wheels slips a little bit is the biggest complaint. It can't be turned off without being in 4WD The Gas Mileage: 16.5 average city/hwy Brakes: 3mm left after 54k miles so about 25% left. Also what no one has said that I can find is that it really excels in 4wd on windy gravel roads - that is when the vsc really does help - and it is a WHOLE lot of fun. I could not go half that speed with my miata without spinning out.

I GOT THE LEMON
By DCOOP on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

First of all to be fair to Toyota, I have brought 4 Toyota vechicles, and all had been perfect, but the Sequoia, it has been a nightmare. 1st- problem 2sets of brakes and rotors. 2nd- Traveling in Florida on vacation and transmission made a clunk sound several times, then all of the sudden the truck dies out on the freeway the transmission needs replacing 20kmile. 3rd- At 30kmiles engine light comes on, need a catalytic converter.