2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
no cash
By wasted money on 02/09/06 13:01 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This was a great vehicle when purchased. We average about 11000 miles per year. At the end of last summer the air conditioner went out at the tune of $2500! No recall just a service bulletin. Yeh ok - No help either from the dealership. Now the suspension is wearing out at the tune of $500- after 52,000 miles. This is a daily driver truck driven by my wife. Buyer beware. For a $45000 plus vehicle when new and make sure you figure in your maintenance costs. Or make sure you buy that extended warranty (that I usually don't believe in) I thought Toyota meant quality.

Sequoia -Great car
By Diane SS on 02/08/06 07:46 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

When we first bought this suv I thought we had made a mistake because of its size, after a short amount of time I loved the size, comfort, power and ride. This is a safe suv to drive and is easy to manuever in traffic, the pick-up is great. I would buy another Sequoia.

This is a great car
By kathy on 12/28/05 14:02 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We have three boys and two dogs and this is the perfect car for us. It rides like a car, but has so much power. We have towed a travel trailer across 5 states with it like a breeze. We are a tall family (my 15 yr old is 6'5") and this Sequoia is very comfortable for all of us to ride in. Even the 3rd row seat has adequate leg room. We have been very happy with this SUV.

sequoia-owner for 4 years
By Kittridge on 10/17/05 12:29 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just an average SUV, with some annoying issues, like brakes that need replacement too often, doors that won't stay open and a poor speaker system, lack of ease when trying to get to the rear seats

Love it but ready to move on!
By sailor2x on 10/07/05 20:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We've loved the room and comfort of the Sequoia but we are spending a fortune on gas! It has been a very reliable vehicle for us but we've had a few problems. Air conditioning in 2nd row stopped working, VSC went out, front brake rotors warped, back latch broke. Spending 2K/year on maintenance.

I love this vehicle...
By Jerald on 07/15/05 09:44 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I don't usually get passionate about what I drive, but I definitely feel that way about this vehicle. Both my wife and I like how it drives, how much room we have and the versitility that it provides. We can carry many people in addition to a LOT of luggage for roadtrips, and then take out the seats and fill it full of any purchases we need to transport. We're very glad to have our Sequoia.

very reliable family on the go SUV
By ntchanda on 06/14/05 23:32 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I drive more than most Moms I know, and this car has been fabulous in terms of reliability-I had one minor problem with the CD player freezing during the winter but that was worked out. Other than that, it has NEVER broken down, and I have over 110K on the car that is just over 4 years old. Design problems they could fix are that the doors are so heavy they don't stay open on their own (so getting younger children out can be challenging) and they could streamline the overall design so it's not so bulky. Those are my only two negative comments.

great vehicle
By CHRIS on 03/23/05 18:14 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

comfort, handle, style, fuel efficient for size, extremely comfortable vehicle. we took this vehicle on a 18 hour drive to disney world and it is absolutely wonderful. other large sport utility vehicles don't compare. the expedition, navigator, yukon, hummer, cadillac, all fall a distant 2nd to the overall value, ride, and dependability. if you have the opportunity to get one get it.

very pleased
By jjdd on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

not much to say - except it's a not the top of the line lux land cruiser - but it's pretty damn near. toyota - it'll run forever, and the trade in will be much better than most, and it's a great machine.

not too bad
By ox on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my seq for over a year now, and it's the most comfortable and easy ride I've had in a while - it compares to riding in a car - but still reminds you its a honking suv.