2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Despite some problems I love my Sequoia!
By carzz72 on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2001 Limited with 160,000 Miles Sequoia ya it has a few problems rotors,pads,calipers, on mine so far Haven't had any issues with Transmission or hatch/latch breaking like some others on here other then the Brakes.I love the the design out & inside a lot better then a expedition or Tahoe their both are just square and plain like most older American vehicles LOL I just sold my wife's Mazda6(S) & bought this cause I have 3 kids & 1 on the way you cant beat this vehicle

Toyota Sequoia... Best big SUV any day!
By Gabriel on 07/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I am writing this review after 9 years of ownership. Our Toyota Sequoia is nothing less than the perfect big SUV for our active family. It has hit the 100,000 miles without a single mechanical problem, not a single incident. It has towed our boat to many lakes, taken us to the deserts, mountains, favorite off-road camping spots, long summer trips. This vehicle is a pleasure to drive on and off road, comfort level is only surpassed by the Land Cruiser, which we own, but our Sequoia is king for hauling our gear, bikes, and all the equipment we take on family outings. We tow our boat about three times a week over hilly terrain and our Sequoia does it with no effort at all. Simply the best SUV

Sequoia
By Phil007 on 07/04/10 14:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Y.A.W. rate sensor went out on my family and I while on a road trip. Very dangerous. This is a recall item. This really put a dent in opinion of Toyota. Fuel economy 12.3 avg. this vehicle will break you if you use it as a daily driver and need to drive more than 100mile per day. The 2wd model is basically a big gas guzzling car with out any capability off the smooth paved road. I got mine cheap at $10,200 and 96k miles and only one owner so I guess I am going to keep it for awhile since it is such a big car and we all can pile in, but as soon as I can I am going to look for an FJ cruiser and not look back at the sequoia.

Great SUV - top of the class
By seth w on 07/16/09 09:53 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love this SUV, in 2001 it was ahead of its time. The ride is so smooth and the comfort is not matched by any! The leather seats are comfortable and I love the DVD system. I'm a sucker for accessories and this one is loaded out! Only problem I have had from me or the previous owner is the back latch and window motor had to be replaced. Very satisfied!

GREAT SUV FOR THE PRICE
By Lisa on 04/26/06 21:25 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this car the month it came out! Except for some early brake problems (which the dealership changed for free a few times), the car has been totally reliable, has a nice perky pickup for the monster it is (6,000lbs), and is much roomier than the Lexus 470 or the other same-size options. I would have liked fold-flat third-row seats and a DVD system in the rear for the kids, but as I only really use the second row of seats every day, it's not a big deal.

Sequoia -Great car
By Diane SS on 02/08/06 07:46 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

When we first bought this suv I thought we had made a mistake because of its size, after a short amount of time I loved the size, comfort, power and ride. This is a safe suv to drive and is easy to manuever in traffic, the pick-up is great. I would buy another Sequoia.

not too bad
By ox on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my seq for over a year now, and it's the most comfortable and easy ride I've had in a while - it compares to riding in a car - but still reminds you its a honking suv.

Love this truck.
By amick on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck would by again in a heartbeat!!!! Everything about this truck is perfect - Lots of room to haul with third row stowed away. Whould drive no other big suv...

Greatest thing on wheels
By NG on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I got rid of a Lincoln Navigator to get this hunk of a SUV. If it were a man I would marry it.

tree
By sequoia love on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best buy I have made. I got rid of a Lincoln Navigator to get this SUV and I am glad I did. The Navigator was in the shop almost as much as it was on the road, the Sequoia has been in only for oil changes. It is great!