2016 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Dissapointed
By Jim S.

2016 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Probably just luck of the draw but my Brand New Rav 4 had a faulty transmission that the dealer acknowledged and replaced to their credit. It had a very pronounced whining/whistling noise on deceleration and still has some whistling noise to it on acceleration now. If I knew then what I know now about CVT Transmissions, I would have purchased a different vehicle that has a conventional trans. Did much research before the purchase and the Rav 4 had awesome reviews across the board which heavily influenced my decision to purchase it. Live and learn.

big bang for your buck
By Bill N

2016 Toyota RAV4 SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just got the SE trim last week, and the more I look at this car and the more I drive it, the more I love it, the seats are comfortable, although fake leather for the price you are paying is a bummer, it still looks and feels great. The ride is smooth, sometimes a bit noisy from the road, but handles great, for my day to day driving, the pick up is fine, we didn't buy it to be a racer. the entertainment well, was disappointing to find out, with the higher priced JBL system, it didn't come with a CD player, first car since the 80's that didn't have one, but, the Nav is great, the sound is good and easy to control. The room for the back passengers is great, plenty of leg and head room, the cargo area is great, especially when you fold the seats down. All in all, a great ride for the money, and I have no regrets, except maybe for the dealership I went to, but, that's for another review.

Great vehicle Toyota Drops the ball with options
By yep

2016 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

"Let me begin with I am a Loyal Toyota Customer. More than 7 new and 4 pre-owned in the past 25 years. The 2016 Rav4 is great looking and drives great. Compared to all the Camry's I have owned we really like the Rav better. However, Do not purchase the Navigation System. The Maps are from Garmin and they are at least 3 - 8 years old. It told me there was no Freeway and to take exits just to tell me to get back on the freeway(there was a Freeway that had been there for a number of years). It got us lost. So save your money and use your phone. Also, the eTune system. In Theory it is great. In reality not so much. When it works we love it you just get in and touch the Pandora and away you go. Then it will tell you theres no connection but the pandora is still playing. Then it may just stop all together. Then you get back in the car and it will tell you that there is no connection. No matter what you do you can't get it back. So, you might as well save money and just take the standard system because you can Blue Tooth it and connect for phone for maps and you get a CD Player. Other than that I love the vehicle but when I contacted Toyota to express my opinions they just said we'll pass that on. So, my mistake was I did not take the time to look at the Honda, Mazda and Nissan.

great two-year lease
By Trey

2016 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Great interior quality, reliability, entune/bluetooth, fuel economy. Surprisingly roomy (especially cargo space when seats folded down) for a compact SUV. Decent handling. However, 50hp+ would be great. Aside from slapping on your own turbo or NOS canisters, putting the car in "sports" mode and manual shifting yourself DOES keep revs a bit higher and provide you a bit of pep.

Gotta love my Rav4
By William Rosa

2016 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've been a 3x RAV4 owner and wouldn't trade for any other SUV. The RAV4 has the power, speed and comfort and in my opinion the best mid-size SUV. It can take you anywhere.