2014 Toyota Rav4 XLE AWD
By bvarga1749 on
2014 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I was having several problems with my 2013 Ford Escape, needed something reliable. I had always owned Chevrolet and Ford. Decided to give Toyota a shot for reliability. I am very pleased with my purchase. The transmission is smoother than the Escape. Voice commands are much better than the Microsoft Sync System. Interior room is wider and back seat leg room is bigger. For the value, the XLE comes with sunroof and several other features standard. The APPS button on radio is great, Weather provided by Weather Channel, along with traffic. Works in areas with HD FM signals, I did not opt for the Navigation. MPG much better than Escape. I would highly recommend the Rav4.
Favorite Features
Coming from a 2013 Ford Escape with a small gas tank and horrible MPG (Read my review), I am getting 24.8 mixed city and little highway driving. Backup camera is standard on all models I believe. The XLE mid range model comes standard with sunroof, XM radio, and weather/traffic apps. The apps just add a nice touch for a mid range model. I get several compliments for the exterior and interior, along with the apps button and touch screen. Not all will love the color, but the Pyrite Mica (Dark Brown) is one of my favorite colors on a vehicle. Looks business professional yet sporty for weekends or nights out.
Suggested Improvements
Nothing at the moment for improvements. I enjoy driving again, I was miserable with my 2013 Ford Escape.