2014 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews

2014 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Meet my expectation in every way
By blao on 02/11/15 18:43 PM (PST)

2014 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After a year and several thousand miles, It is time for a review so others can use as a reference. The gas mileage is as advertised. Average about 26m/gal (mostly highway). City is about 21. Some people complaint about the transmission and the car's power, but it is not true. They must learn how to use eco mode and sport mode to bring out the car true performance (play with shift paddle some time also). With my personal experience, I use eco mode on highway and sport mode on back road or city road. The car has good surrounding view and I love the rear view camera. The cargo area is almost as big as my 1998 grand Cherokee and the rear seats could be folded real flat.

Very Let down!
By chrisg48 on 01/25/15 19:20 PM (PST)

2014 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We are a Toyota family having owned 6 cars and a truck but this car has really let us down. The gas milage is terrible. We average 22 and the best we have gotten is 24 on a trip to Florida. The seats are uncomfortable and the back seats have no cup holders or a power outlet. 4 adults fill this thing to the brim. There is no button inside or on the key fob to open the lift gate. It is an option that must be paid for extra. One would think this would be standard on the XLE edition. The touch screen is hard to use and the navigation will not let you make any changes unless the car is in Park. The car does ride and drive smooth but that doesn't make up for the other downfalls.

Not worth it
By duke98 on 12/16/14 10:52 AM (PST)

2014 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first Toyota but will be my last. It has problems from the first month and the dealer is not willing do do any acceptable resolution. The car runs OK but not better than competitors and there are numerous quality issues. The navigation is not working properly and lost on the road at least once ever 5~6 uses. I now use my iphone more due to its reliability. Seat-belt locks when I put on, so I have to try many times to unlock it. I often locks when I need to reach the glove box while parked in a parking lot, so I had to take it off. The rear brakes make strange noise. [HTML removed]

2014 RAV 4-XLE-FWD Gas Milage Terrible!
By terryljam3 on 11/21/14 19:33 PM (PST)

2014 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a new RAV 4 in April of this year. My 2014 RAV 4 was the XLE with front wheel drive only which was rated for 24 city and 31 hwy mpg. I have over 5000 miles on it and have taken multiple highway trips and driven it to work locally each day. No mater what driving condition, I have only achieved 24 mpg. I tried different gas octanes and no difference. My Mazda's always achieved there rated mileage so the idea of my driving habits have nothing to do with it. This car is a lemon and the dealer will not even talk to me about it. I cannot promote this car that does not do what it was advertised to do.

Meh
By 2manycars3 on 09/10/14 12:14 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota RAV4 SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Recently traded a 2003 Hyundai Santa fe for the 2014 RAV4. Based mostly on price I leased the car, it's okay but styling is boring, ride is firm, interior is cheap. If a Hyundai dealer would have been closer to home I think I would have stayed with the Hyundai, or a KIA. Inconvenient storage(coins, phone). Seat fold downs in back are okay, but the front seat could have been included to maximize full length hauling . The doors sound cheap/hollow when you close them. Overall a little disappointed, I have never owned a Toyota before, don't think I would get one again.

2014 Toyota Rav4 XLE AWD
By bvarga1749 on 04/30/14 15:51 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was having several problems with my 2013 Ford Escape, needed something reliable. I had always owned Chevrolet and Ford. Decided to give Toyota a shot for reliability. I am very pleased with my purchase. The transmission is smoother than the Escape. Voice commands are much better than the Microsoft Sync System. Interior room is wider and back seat leg room is bigger. For the value, the XLE comes with sunroof and several other features standard. The APPS button on radio is great, Weather provided by Weather Channel, along with traffic. Works in areas with HD FM signals, I did not opt for the Navigation. MPG much better than Escape. I would highly recommend the Rav4.

A great and fun vehicle to drive - city or hwy
By fray1 on 04/09/14 08:59 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I got the top trim level and added remote start, homelink, and a trailer hitch. Remote start and heated seats are great on those chilly, Midwest mornings. I am a conservative driver, having traded in a 2008 Prius, and I am routinely getting between 32-33 mpg on the hwy, and about 27-28 in city driving in Eco mode. This vehicle is fun to drive, and dollar for dollar is the best deal on the market. I test drove the Honda CRV, Subaru Forester and Crosstrek, and the Mazda CX-5, and none could compare pricepoint and features. Reliability and comfort have been fantastic!!

Great except for bluetooth...
By rmundlimo on 01/30/14 19:48 PM (PST)

2014 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Rav 4 is a responsive, small SUV and well appointed. The auto liftgate is handy and all the features you might want are available in the Limited. HOWEVER, if you have an I-Phone 4, you will not be able to load the contacts from your phone on to the bluetooth system! Wish they had told us that the contacts would load on the base models, but NOT their top of the line model. If this is important to you, and it should be, look elsewhere.