2014 Toyota RAV4 Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

A bunch of 4's
By billiebad

2014 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

1500 miles and three weeks since purchase. Black with Terra Cotta - I like the interior colors versus all black. Just finished a road trip. Milage since purchase 26.8 - estimate highway at close to published 29. It is not a race car but I knew that. Wanted the range of milage we are getting. Enjoy the wide storage in the rear. Better than competition. Front seat comfort is good - visibility is good using mirrors. Interior style is appealing. Challenges - none of which would change my decision. No Homelink - even in Limited trim. Didn't realize and would like. No rain sensing wipers - spoiled with this on another vehicle - and had a very rainy road trip.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and internal styling.

Suggested Improvements

Homelink More bolster in rear seat.

A great and fun vehicle to drive - city or hwy
By fray1

2014 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I got the top trim level and added remote start, homelink, and a trailer hitch. Remote start and heated seats are great on those chilly, Midwest mornings. I am a conservative driver, having traded in a 2008 Prius, and I am routinely getting between 32-33 mpg on the hwy, and about 27-28 in city driving in Eco mode. This vehicle is fun to drive, and dollar for dollar is the best deal on the market. I test drove the Honda CRV, Subaru Forester and Crosstrek, and the Mazda CX-5, and none could compare pricepoint and features. Reliability and comfort have been fantastic!!

Favorite Features

Hands-free bluetooth, heated seats/mirrors, remote start, keyless entry and ignition, homelink, trailer hitch, power rear liftgate, and blind spot monitoring system are all great pluses and must-haves, especially in two-driver families. For those of you who are environmentally conscious, Toyota's sof-tek top trim is much easier on the environment than leather, and it doesn't get sticky in hot weather.

Suggested Improvements

Minor, but I would like to have had an overhead console for sunglass storage

Great except for bluetooth...
By rmundlimo

2014 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Rav 4 is a responsive, small SUV and well appointed. The auto liftgate is handy and all the features you might want are available in the Limited. HOWEVER, if you have an I-Phone 4, you will not be able to load the contacts from your phone on to the bluetooth system! Wish they had told us that the contacts would load on the base models, but NOT their top of the line model. If this is important to you, and it should be, look elsewhere.

Favorite Features

1-Heated Seats 2-Auto Liftgate 3-Auotomatic dimming mirror

Suggested Improvements

Toyota, make the phone system in the Limited compatible with the I-Phone 4! In 2012, when the 2013 Rav 4 Limited came out, the I-phone 4 was the most owned version. How could the bluetooth system not function properly with that phone? The 2013 and 2014 models have the same glitch. Whats the use of having bluetooth in 2014 if you can't voice dial a contact?