2013 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Toyota radio do not buy until

2013 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Toyota radio do not buy until they fix known issue
By imshybabe on

2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just bought a 2013 Rav4, the volume of the radio goes up, down and also sounds muffled at times. If you plug your ipod, it stays in loading mode with out playing. It will also go off or the screen goes blank in the heat. The volume jumping up is startling and my 7 y/o says " stop that mom". When I take it to the dealer service dept. this is a known issue and the fix is usually to replace the radio. They said they replaced the radio, it continues to do it. I have been there 4 times and they do not know how to fix. They should fix this before putting them on the market for sale. This is a defect. I have concern for the longevity of the car. I have lost trust in Toyota, will not buy another.

Back up camera, side detection, sporty, spacious and the rear reclining seats.

There is not all 4 hooks to use a cargo net in the trunk (only 3 hooks). Do not continue to make and sell defected electronic radios. Since the cars have to be all electronic and if the radio can not work right it gives you pause what else can go wrong electronically speaking. My family has always been fond of Toyota, this has let me down and I will not purchase another.