2013 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: A FIRST CHOICE FOR SUV ENTRY

2013 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

98 of 126,576 people found this review helpful
By vchheda on

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle was a dream come true with all the proper bells and whistles. Long have I dreamed of getting an compact SUV that does not drink gas like the regular SUVs. Toyota has made the right call by redesigning it into a competitive compact crossover, not only in design, but in features and personalization.

BT streaming, I have had the car not less than a week and I have only done bluetooth streaming. I only wish they included HD radio in standard features. That is the only thing I missed from my previous aftermarket BT stereo. It doesn't differentiate iphone and ipod from an android in this feature as the new stereos have that detection capability, but not really missed.

None that I can think of as I drove sedans upto now and all I can say is this is very comfortable and relaxing to drive. Even for an SUV with 4 cylinder, it has a lot of power (torque) to pull out in front of the traffic from one light to the second.
Recommend (98) (126,478)
By me0217
on 02/25/13 11:02 AM (PST)

I purchased a 2013 Toyota Rav4 XLE - last Monday and love it more every day I drive it - First fill up last Friday, around town driving got me 23-1/2 MPG, which was better than I had expected - I was driving a 2008 Honda Civic EX Coupe and getting 30 MPG so I know I won't get what I had with it - but I did have a 2002 Toyota Rav4 that was averaging 22 MPG, so just in the first 100 miles I did better than I had done with it. We test drove a lot of SUV's before this one and it's definitely my favorite :)

By samas49
on 02/24/13 09:41 AM (PST)

vchheda, What kind of gas mileage are you getting? I test drove one yesterday and I liked the ride better than a CRV. But I am concerned about the gas mileage now as the edmunds' review was not good on it.

By databased
on 06/09/13 20:23 PM (PDT)

I've had my Rav4 for a month and I find that my MPG gets better the more I break in the engine. My first fill-up was about 23.5, my second was 27 and I'm right under 30 now, at 29.8 mpg. Don't believe the instrument panel for a while - it takes time for it to correctly calculate MPG and range left. I like the 10 gal tank!