2013 Toyota RAV4 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Love So many things except...

2013 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Love So many things except...
By johnfrer on

2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my 2013 limited the end of June. This is a great car in so many ways. I know it will be reliable and I am already seeing the savings from my 04 explorer. 28mpg combined and 32 hwy. The power memory seats are great as is the auto liftgate. I would not have bought this car if it still had the sideways gate. The stereo is not great. actually it is bad. Too much sound up front and it is very bright and "scratchy" I have played with the controls endlessly. This is annoying as I love to listen to all kinds of music as I drive.

Favorite Features

Comfort, dash setup, Blind spot monitor, backup camera with the warning are all great. The Audio interface is very good except the screen could be less reflective. Love the satellite radio and the Ipod blutooth and USB connections are great. The nav works well but I have seen better screens. The view out the windshield is great as you don't see the wiper blades. A big wide view. The 3 driving modes are very nice but the regular mode is just fine.

Suggested Improvements

The stereo needs improvement. I will have to replace the speakers and this is top of the line! I still don't understand why they put 18" wheels on the Limited. It is a harder ride and bumpy. OK on the highway but I would have preferred 17's.