Love this Crossover
By databased on
2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
This is my first SUV, I've had it for 1 month and driving 600 miles. Initially, no matter how fun it was to drive, I questioned my decision to get the Rav4. The dash display told me my MPG and I was less than thrilled. However, I decided to track my own stats and I have no remaining doubt that I made the right choice. I just gassed up and calculated 29.8 mpg. I traded in a 2001 Mazda 626 that got 23, and this ride is so much more comfortable and fun! The rear-view isn't too limited and it has loads of power and spunk. Extremely comfortable and well-designed cockpit. Classy-looking, too. Quiet, smooth cabin and fantastic sound clarity in stereo & Bluetooth. Recommended!
Favorite Features
Quiet: dampens road noise Smooth: hardly feel any bumps Fun! It really gets up and goes MPG: better than my previous sedan Comfort: Seat, height, dual climate zones Cockpit: Telescoping & adjustable wheel, instrument panel, usb, etc where they should be, and the on-wheel controls are great Cargo space: Perfect for my needs, which are few Passenger space: Perfect for my needs Back-up camera: useful! Turn radius: Unbelievably tight! Parking: Bigger inside than out - I still fit in compact car spaces Toyota care: 3 years of maintenance included in price at my local dealer (which is a friendly place!)
Suggested Improvements
Couldn't believe the lights don't turn themselves on, especially on the XLE. You'd think that would be a standard feature. The only other thing I can think of is this... Rav4 comes in gas-only or electric only, no hybrid offering. You'd think the maker of the Prius hybrid would be on top of a hybrid ute. That said, I'm getting 30 mpg and the engine isn't even broken in yet, so that's kind of a non-issue for me right now.
By rosco804
on 06/23/13 06:16 AM (PDT)

that was one of the reasons I moved up to the Limited from the XLE... the automatic lights... but I also did it for the power seats and 18 inch wheels...