Great compact option
By steelrain on
2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I have had my Rav for 2 weeks and 1,700 miles and am very impressed. My job requires a lot of traveling and I traded my 2012 Silverado White Diamond Edt for it and could not be happier. I have driven a full size truck for the last 10yrs and was afraid at first about trading in on what is considered a compact suv. My mileage at the moment is 24mpg with all highway, which is a great improvement over the 15 I was getting w/my Silverado. The interior space is very surprising and comfortable. It has plenty of power for interstate driving and more features than I would have ever expected for the price I got it for. I would check it out if you want something thats practical and comfortable.
Favorite Features
Softex interior, sunroof, heated seates, power liftgate, Blind spot detection and touch screen display
Suggested Improvements
Though the power is sufficient, Toyota might want to offer the V6 as an optional upgrade or consider developing a Turbo to compete with other models in this segment.
By mrdtt18
on 03/25/13 22:31 PM (PDT)

I am guessing that the cause of the 24 mpg could be due to the driver driving in "sport" mode more often than the other options (eco and normal)

By databased
on 06/09/13 20:33 PM (PDT)

I would also suggest that he's only had it for 2 weeks - my MPG (after a month) progressed from 23 to 27 to 29.8. I expect when I get to 1500 miles that I'll know what the true MPG will be. Let the engine break in before you judge it against its EPA rating. :-)

By edyy
on 07/31/13 18:54 PM (PDT)

I am planning to buy a Limited. Pls help to comment on the SofTex material? How do you like it so far? Is it better than regular fabric?

By bpollen
on 03/16/13 17:59 PM (PDT)

24mpg is quite a bit short of the EPA of 31 for hwy. Are you toting a lot of heavy cargo?