Great car: New Style, Drives nice, Modern
By gsrav4 on
2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I used Edmunds (among other sites for comparison) to help me do research for a new car, before I went out and test drove them. I dislike going to car dealerships, but I can say with confidence that I have improved with how to deal with them. Plus I had done my own research beforehand, and knew what to look at and expect (as well as knowing when a dealer was lying to me). Well here is my review of this lovely car after having it for about 4 months now, and some improvements that I think should be made for the future.
Favorite Features
First thing that sold me, was how nice this car drove. I was so impressed at the smoothness of the ride. I knew I was going to take it home that day (after test driving so many different cars - Honda, VW, Hyundai, etc). I do not see any rough handling with it being a Limited Edition and the bigger tires (it is after all a small suv). It drives like a sedan, but sits higher because it's an suv. It has three driving modes: Eco, Sport, and Regular. Eco is a great gas saving tool. If I need more power I just use the other two depending on the situation. My only caveat for this would of been to place the buttons on the steering wheel instead of in the center bottom part of the console.
Suggested Improvements
Things I would of changed or preferred, are: 1) This car needs an air vent for the back passengers (cool air does not get there fast enough and they are always hot, while the front is freezing). It's a big car, it should of come standard with this feature. 2) The usb ports should of been hidden within the center armrest. Way more convenient and should be standard. 3) The Maps feature should of been a separate button, not part of apps. 4) The Navi screen should of been placed better for sun glare (you can't see it during daylight brightness). 5) The bluetooth needs improvement, it keeps disconnecting or not connecting at times. Other than that, this car is fantastic! I love it! Nothing fancy.