2013 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Air conditioning is awful

2013 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

2013 Toyota RAV4

XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Air conditioning is awful
By emput on

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The air conditioning is awful in this car. There are no vents for the back seat and therefore my hands are numb from the air conditioning while driving yet my daughter in the back seat is dripping in sweat. We bought this car in the winter and wish we had been aware of this. We asked Toyota about it and all we got is the car is small enough the vents weren't required. Well they went the cheap way and therefore it is awful to drive with passengers in the summer.

We also had both metal bars that adjust the seats break already. You would think with a semi nice car the seats could be motor controlled. Other than these 2 big discomforts we like the car a lot.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By geegee444
on 09/23/14 17:58 PM (PDT)

I have owed the 2013 RAV4 since June 2013. I love, love, love this car!!! Get good gas milage; 26 city; 31 hwy. The Toyota Care is outstanding. The only complaint I have is the upholstery. I bought what I thought was leather but it turns out to be Soft Tech which is a vinyl. The color is beige and stains very easily. Seats have blue jean staining and it will not come off! The dealership is no help on this issue. They "kinda" change the subject when I bring it up. I would buy the RAV4 again but would just go with the cloth seats unless genuine leather is offered.