Used 2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Poor under body design
By josder

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We traded our 08Rav4 in for the 2013 Rav4
We live in Upper Michigan where we get a lot of snow AND under the doors (including the back door)the snow & ice
collects
and then it melts
off in our garage creating a huge mess!
When you open the doors you can see the accumulation!
This is a real problem and had we knew this before ... we would have gotten a different brand vehicle.
Our old Rav did not do this. Perhaps Toyota should re design the doors and eliminate this problem

Positives & Negatives
By anastasia52

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased this vehicle in November and have found some things we like & don't like. We really like the blind spot monitor. This feature should be available on more cars. We also like the style of the car and rear cross traffic alert. We are extremely disappointed in the Rough, Bumpy Ride. It is a great riding car on the PA turnpike or a smoothly paved road. Our limited model has 18 inch Bridgestone tires and it provides a very Rough Ride. My voice even vibrates when I'm trying to talk to anyone in the car at the time with me. Don't think this will be a vehicle my husband and I will grow old with in our senior years.

We like the interior & exterior design. The blind spot monitor and rear cross traffic alert features are a positive.

Improve the Ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The rear view mirror lacks a home link and compass feature.

2013 RAV4 AWD Limited
By paul280

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought the car in mid-August. We really like the Blind Spot Monitor option. Also, an unexpected but convenient feature is that the music files on a USB drive can be played back directly. We also like the memory function of the driver’s seat. Our main complaint is that the ride is really bumpy, even bumpier than my 20-year-old Corolla. Another thing is that the air outlets have begun to make an abnormal sound when switching the air flow from the setting of upper body and feet to the setting of upper body. Since the car has less than 2000 miles on it and it already got a problem, I really question the long term reliability of this vehicle.

1. Being able to directly play music files on a USB drive 2. The optional Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert 3. Backup camera 4. Driver’s seat with memory function 5. Fog light 6. The air conditioning seems quick and strong

1. A smoother ride 2. Why there is no headlight indicator on the instrument cluster? 3. The “sport” button should be easier to reach 4. Put a compass in the rear-view mirror 5. The 2014 RAV4 will offer a new Technology Package including a Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Land Departure Alert and Auto High Beam. Why some features not available in 2013 model?

Here's our honest opinion. We got rid of the RAV 4
By ericells

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We had the Toyota RAV 4 Limited AWD since May 2013 and disposed of it April 2015. At first as liked the RAV. Then as we drove it little things just got annoying. Front seat driver and passenger shoulder to shoulder, the sliding console always moving at the wrong times, smaller steering wheel and guages. The Sport button and other buttons hidden behind shifter so low that you had to take your eyes off the road to make adjustments. My wife and I are not large people and we felt a little clostraphobic. What pushed us over the edge was that our 2 labs had no place to move in the back seat and the last straw was the short wheelbase and Bridgestone Duellers that caused every bump to vibrate the entire car. Have to mention that the Duellers were horrible in the snow. Pluses were gas mileage and looks. I couldn't take it anymore and bought a Highlander Limited and I haven't regretted that choice. Should have done that a year prior. Nevertheless, if you like a 1 person car and don't mind kidney vibrations the RAV is a good choice.

All in all this is a one person car.

Great Car
By cking7

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Great car and customer service. I am having trouble with the Bluetooth connection to my phone. It worked for the first 3 weeks and abruptly stopped. Took car back and no one seems to figure out what happened or fix it.