2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
My 4th And Best RAV4 Yet!!!
By ravraver1 on 04/18/13 01:11 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV LE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned the '96, '01, and '06 RAV 4's and loved everyone of them. Got over 100K out of each with no problems whatsoever. This '13 I just bought looks like it will beat all the others. It's more comfortable, has more guts, looks sharper, and rides quieter than the previous generations. The ride is a little stiff but I feel very secure in this vehicle. We also own a '12 Sienna, and this RAV is just as comfortable. I'm looking forward to many years of driving pleasure with this baby.

Really good, nearly great.
By riderj on 04/16/13 12:03 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my 2013 RAV4 for nearly a month now. It has several personalities: sporty (sport mode), spot-on (regular mode), and mild-mannered (econ mode). I have found it really valuable to have all three modes available to me and there are distinct differences between the modes. The car is quiet, easy to drive and park, and it is rather nimble. I have no problem reaching the advertised mpg if I am light on the pedal, and or use econ mode. It is a bumpy ride though, and some of the controls are difficult to reach. Overall, this vehicle is much more fun to drive than the Honda CRX, and has a better transmission.

Good car with a few flaws
By stego1 on 04/16/13 05:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV LE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this car to be able to take our dogs along with us as they love to go for rides. We also use it for daily transportation to work. The gas mileage has been great averaging between 28 to 29 MPG on winter-blend gas. (I expect the mileage to go up with summer-blend). We drive mostly city and 2 lane highways on our 32 mile round-trip to work. The ride is rough and we can feel every road imperfection and there is excessive tire noise. But, the car drives well with good power and smooth shifts and we are enjoying owning it. Would recommend this car but keep in mind its shortcomings. Even with these imperfections, it is a better car than the others we looked at: Ford Escape, Honda CRV, Kia

Re-Designed Rav4
By lkalbfleisch on 03/30/13 17:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just got my new Rav4 yesterday but have completely fallen in love with it. I researched all the small SUV's and decided the Rav4 was the best value. I wish the blind spot monitor was an option for the XLE. Everyone that has seen it has commented on how it looks much more expensive than the $23,600 that we paid for it.

Great road-trip and family car
By pinheadh78 on 03/20/13 15:40 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We started our car shopping with about 30 cars of various van, sedan, hatchback, and SUVs on our list. We tracked everything in spreadsheet from safety, mileage, price, everything. After several test drives and reviews the 2013 Rav4 was the winner with the most features, cargo capacity, mileage, safety, and driving performance. The Honda CRV 2013 was our 2nd choice but it wasn't fun to drive, felt sluggish with no "go" feeling. The Rav4 has the acceleration, handling, and styling that the Honda does not.

20,198 of 20,329 people found this review helpful
New to Toyota
By nicolelyn19 on 03/04/13 07:32 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just purchased a new Rav4 last month and so far I am very happy with this purchase. It is very comfortable and has many great features.

Great compact option
By steelrain on 03/03/13 19:39 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Rav for 2 weeks and 1,700 miles and am very impressed. My job requires a lot of traveling and I traded my 2012 Silverado White Diamond Edt for it and could not be happier. I have driven a full size truck for the last 10yrs and was afraid at first about trading in on what is considered a compact suv. My mileage at the moment is 24mpg with all highway, which is a great improvement over the 15 I was getting w/my Silverado. The interior space is very surprising and comfortable. It has plenty of power for interstate driving and more features than I would have ever expected for the price I got it for. I would check it out if you want something thats practical and comfortable.

Perfect Step Down
By pschell on 02/22/13 13:02 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2010 Tundra for the all new Rav4 and couldn't be happier! I LOVED my truck, but I DIDN'T love parking it, filling it up with gas, paying the $500 car tags every year, so on and so on. I am really loving all the money I have already saved, how easy it is to park and I am shocked at how comfortable the car and ride is in comparison to my Tundra (which I consider to be the best I've ever experienced). I am so happy I got the Rav4 and totally recommend it!

93 of 19,971 people found this review helpful
A FIRST CHOICE FOR SUV ENTRY
By vchheda on 02/18/13 19:31 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle was a dream come true with all the proper bells and whistles. Long have I dreamed of getting an compact SUV that does not drink gas like the regular SUVs. Toyota has made the right call by redesigning it into a competitive compact crossover, not only in design, but in features and personalization.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota RAV4 Suv in VA is:

$120 per month*