2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
1 Year, 15,000 mile review
By limasawa on 08/09/14 08:17 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV LE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We compared this car to the nice '14 Forester and bought this for its interior design and Toyota reliability. I'm not sure I would do it again. I'm 6-4, 225 lbs, and 53 years old & need a car that is higher, easy to get into, and gets good MPG. This RAV4 is high enough, but the shape of the front door causes me to have to contort my body just a bit to enter. I do have plenty of room in the front and my knees do not touch the dash. But, the car feels cheap. The hood vibrates/shakes on certain kinds of rougher paved and dirt roads. The silver & "graphite" trim both scratch really easily. Car handles well, though the ride is stiff. Speakers are much worse than Camry, more like Corolla.

deffening noise when driving rear windows down
By glen_r_mobley on 07/26/13 06:05 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV LE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I baught my 2013 rav 4 and everything was fine until I decided to open the back windows, while going down the highway. the noise hurt my ears. and I mean really hurt. I contacted the dealer. and he told me he new about the problem. and suggested that I shouldn't open my windows ??? I then contacted Toyota and explained the problem to them. they told me to go on a ride with the service manager, to show me that they all have that problem. But offered no remedy. I guess if that's the case! the windows aren't meant to be opened while driving!!!

My 4th And Best RAV4 Yet!!!
By ravraver1 on 04/18/13 01:11 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV LE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned the '96, '01, and '06 RAV 4's and loved everyone of them. Got over 100K out of each with no problems whatsoever. This '13 I just bought looks like it will beat all the others. It's more comfortable, has more guts, looks sharper, and rides quieter than the previous generations. The ride is a little stiff but I feel very secure in this vehicle. We also own a '12 Sienna, and this RAV is just as comfortable. I'm looking forward to many years of driving pleasure with this baby.

Good car with a few flaws
By stego1 on 04/16/13 05:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV LE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this car to be able to take our dogs along with us as they love to go for rides. We also use it for daily transportation to work. The gas mileage has been great averaging between 28 to 29 MPG on winter-blend gas. (I expect the mileage to go up with summer-blend). We drive mostly city and 2 lane highways on our 32 mile round-trip to work. The ride is rough and we can feel every road imperfection and there is excessive tire noise. But, the car drives well with good power and smooth shifts and we are enjoying owning it. Would recommend this car but keep in mind its shortcomings. Even with these imperfections, it is a better car than the others we looked at: Ford Escape, Honda CRV, Kia

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota RAV4 Suv in VA is:

$130 per month*