2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Thorough review after 6 months
By 4bras on 03/23/14 20:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall a very good SUV. It's a Toyota, so their quality is good. I found the transmission very responsive depending on the mode you select. Its 6 cylinder will of course shift gears more often than say a 4 cylinder. But we also enjoy 27-29 mpg in mixed city/hwy driving.

Great Car for the Money!!
By norjud55 on 02/19/14 19:53 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car is really nice. Easy to drive. I got the XLE model from Mark Jacobson Toyota in Raleigh/NC. They were nice to deal with. I like the drivers seat, it is very comfortable. The electronic gear shift, is also very handy. I got 32 miles on HWY. I had the front windows tinted and that helped out from the heat. I think Toyota builds the best car for the money. The one thing I would change is when you open the hood, you have to use the rod to hold it up. Not a good idea.

Poor under body design
By josder on 01/20/14 19:07 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We traded our 08Rav4 in for the 2013 Rav4 We live in Upper Michigan where we get a lot of snow AND under the doors (including the back door)the snow & ice collects and then it melts off in our garage creating a huge mess! When you open the doors you can see the accumulation! This is a real problem and had we knew this before ... we would have gotten a different brand vehicle. Our old Rav did not do this. Perhaps Toyota should re design the doors and eliminate this problem

Positives & Negatives
By anastasia52 on 01/19/14 16:03 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased this vehicle in November and have found some things we like & don't like. We really like the blind spot monitor. This feature should be available on more cars. We also like the style of the car and rear cross traffic alert. We are extremely disappointed in the Rough, Bumpy Ride. It is a great riding car on the PA turnpike or a smoothly paved road. Our limited model has 18 inch Bridgestone tires and it provides a very Rough Ride. My voice even vibrates when I'm trying to talk to anyone in the car at the time with me. Don't think this will be a vehicle my husband and I will grow old with in our senior years.

2013 RAV4 AWD Limited
By paul280 on 10/22/13 21:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought the car in mid-August. We really like the Blind Spot Monitor option. Also, an unexpected but convenient feature is that the music files on a USB drive can be played back directly. We also like the memory function of the driver’s seat. Our main complaint is that the ride is really bumpy, even bumpier than my 20-year-old Corolla. Another thing is that the air outlets have begun to make an abnormal sound when switching the air flow from the setting of upper body and feet to the setting of upper body. Since the car has less than 2000 miles on it and it already got a problem, I really question the long term reliability of this vehicle.

Here's our honest opinion. We like the car.
By ericells on 10/14/13 15:08 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We've had the Toyota RAV 4 Limited AWD since May 2013. Going from a Honda Pilot to this car took some getting used to. We haven't owned anything other than Honda's since 1987. We test drove Honda's, Hyundai's, Mazda's and we settled on the new RAV 4 as being the most practical vehicle for the money. We didn't spring for the extra $1100 for navigation. Our phones can get us where we need to go for no extra charge. All in all, we like the car and would recommend it

Great Car
By cking7 on 10/02/13 11:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Great car and customer service. I am having trouble with the Bluetooth connection to my phone. It worked for the first 3 weeks and abruptly stopped. Took car back and no one seems to figure out what happened or fix it.

Great car: New Style, Drives nice, Modern
By gsrav4 on 09/29/13 10:31 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I used Edmunds (among other sites for comparison) to help me do research for a new car, before I went out and test drove them. I dislike going to car dealerships, but I can say with confidence that I have improved with how to deal with them. Plus I had done my own research beforehand, and knew what to look at and expect (as well as knowing when a dealer was lying to me). Well here is my review of this lovely car after having it for about 4 months now, and some improvements that I think should be made for the future.

Darkened Dashboard/Speedometer
By dgambini on 09/28/13 08:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The dashboard/speedometer is set back into a tunnel. In any other car when you turn the ignition key on the dashboard/speedometer illuminate. Not the case in the RAV4. It stays dark. So dark, that when you are driving downa tree lined street or on a cloudy day, its almost impossible to see the speedometer. This is a design flaw in the vehicle. I have to turn my night time lights on during the day to see the speedometer clearly. A very dangerous situation! I have tried talking to corporate in California and they will not do anything about this problem. I have not contacted the BBB, The Dept. Of Consumer Affairs and the Attorney Generals office.

RAV 4 experience
By greatride on 09/24/13 15:38 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my RAV 4 XLE two weeks ago. I drive more than 100 miles on most days and thought I could save on gas. It runs very well and gets good mileage. However, the seats and maybe the shocks are hard so that after seating for more than half an hour, it is no longer comfortable. I don't look forward to driving it long distance because the seats are just too hard. Also, the rear passenger section should have cup holders on the side doors instead of just cupholders located in the center seat. If you have 3 people sitting in the back, you won't have any cup holders.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota RAV4 Suv in WA is:

$148 per month*