Used 2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Rav4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

RAV 4 rough ride
By Robert Mason

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We noticed a very rough ride after we purchased the car. The dealer said we could buy new tires. We declined. We feel every bump in the road. Hopefully readers have some suggestions. Our current solution is with additional outdoor cushions which we place on the front seats. This is awkward but it helps. RJM

Favorite Features

It is small

Suggested Improvements

solve the rough ride problem

Excellent Vehicle
By Thomas Michlovitch

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall the car does a great job. I live in the North East and we get our share of snow. The car handles great in the snow. Sometimes we will get 6 to 8 inches overnight. I don't have time to clear my driveway in the morning and the car cuts right through the snow. The car is roomy, handles great, and is fun to drive. There are however some minor annoyances with the car. For example, I would like to push the key-fob lock and lock the doors before closing them however the car does not allow that. If you leave the hatch open while driving the car will continuously beep. Very annoying when you moving something and can't close the hatch. There's no lock for the glove compartment.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive. Blue tooth connectivity. Backup camera. Ground clearance.

Suggested Improvements

Let me lock the doors using my key-fob before closing all of my doors. This allows me to get out of the car, lock the doors, put my keys in my pocket, and the get the rest of the stuff out of my car before closing the doors. Lock for the glove compartment. Take advantage of the radio display. Why does the name of the song playing on my radio need to scroll by when the screen is large enough to display the whole song along with the artist. Remove the audible warning from the hatch when open, or at least give the option to turn it off.

Toyota meesed it up - Hood Vibrates - Watch it.
By and44

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Toyota with the RAV created this segment. Instead of improving with every iteration they are down grating on quality, workmanship, reliability and customer satisfaction. I own the 2013 Limited version since April 2013. It has 9,000 kilometers, the main issue is that the hood vibrates while driving on uneven pavement in the city and on smooth pavement on the highway. This is a design issue that Toyota needs to address. Toyota chose to have a flimsy hood for less weight. Two trips at the dealership could not resolve the problem. Toyota is referring me to the dealer, even though the dealer stated clearly there is nothing they can do to address this issue. Toyota is behaving arrogantly.

Favorite Features

Average mileage, the climate system seems to work fine for now.

Suggested Improvements

The suspension needs to be more compliant, The hood should be made stronger - it is flimsy for a truck costing so much. Head office Customer service needs to go back to being "Customer Service", not customer de-service, trying to put off customer concerns. I have this message for Toyota. Today you may number one, if you do not treat your customers correctly, that will not last.

Really Good Vehicle
By geegee444

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have owed the 2013 RAV4 since June 2013. I love, love, love this car!!! Get good gas milage; 26 city; 31 hwy. The Toyota Care is outstanding. The only complaint I have is the upholstery. I bought what I thought was leather but it turns out to be Soft Tech which is a vinyl. The color is beige and stains very easily. Seats have blue jean staining and it will not come off! The dealership is no help on this issue. They "kinda" change the subject when I bring it up. I would buy the RAV4 again but would just go with the cloth seats unless genuine leather is offered.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth and back up camera.

Suggested Improvements

Offer genuine leather seats. Automatic seats as a standard.

Great Vehicle
By hookshot

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV LE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My dad had the previous 1st generation RAV4 and that thing lasted forever and took a beating so he had to have a new one. He got the base model to avoid all the unnecessary electronics nowadays. Inside is very roomy, cloth seats are good and textured. Dash is well laid out and material quality is more than acceptable. Acceleration is great around town and on the highway. I have a hard time keeping up in my 2014 Subaru WRX STI in stop in go traffic unless I ring my STI out. No idea what Car and Driver means when it called acceleration "tepid"...absolutely not true.

Favorite Features

Great commuting vehicle. Car has so much power we just leave it in ECO mode, which saps some power, and it still has plenty left you won't even notice a difference. Backup camera is standard. Roomy and great seating position (high up).

Suggested Improvements

AC is decent but not great. Could always use more mpg. I get around 26 mpg hwy.