2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
2013 Rav4 Limited
By desertgolfer on 06/14/14 07:57 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this vehicle since August 2013 and have had absolutely no issues with it. I was somewhat surprised at some of the reviews in this thread as I have owned many Toyotas and have never experienced a problem they could not fix. I live in Arizona and we may have smoother roads than some of the cooler weather states, but I have found the Rav4 ride to be exceptional for this vehicle class. The features available on the Limited are outstanding, everything works perfectly and I love the versatility of the transmission. Heck, you can treat it like a manual and in Sport mode that is fun.

Toyota radio do not buy until they fix known issue
By imshybabe on 06/09/14 04:19 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just bought a 2013 Rav4, the volume of the radio goes up, down and also sounds muffled at times. If you plug your ipod, it stays in loading mode with out playing. It will also go off or the screen goes blank in the heat. The volume jumping up is startling and my 7 y/o says " stop that mom". When I take it to the dealer service dept. this is a known issue and the fix is usually to replace the radio. They said they replaced the radio, it continues to do it. I have been there 4 times and they do not know how to fix. They should fix this before putting them on the market for sale. This is a defect. I have concern for the longevity of the car. I have lost trust in Toyota, will not buy another.

Barely average
By katekebo on 05/08/14 17:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned the RAV for about one year. I bought it based on previous experience with Toyota vehicles and a good trade-in offer I got from my dealer for my previous car - my net-out-of-pocket on the RAV was ~$2-3k less than other comparable CUVs. After one year of ownership the best I can rate this car is "average". The only real positive is the amount of cargo and passenger space. In every other area the car falls short, especially comparing to competition. It's noisy, has a very stiff and uncomfortable suspension, safety ratings are mediocre (below key competitors), transmission behavior is strange and disconcerting, mileage is OK but not outstanding. Bottom line - just average.

Thorough review after 6 months
By 4bras on 03/23/14 20:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall a very good SUV. It's a Toyota, so their quality is good. I found the transmission very responsive depending on the mode you select. Its 6 cylinder will of course shift gears more often than say a 4 cylinder. But we also enjoy 27-29 mpg in mixed city/hwy driving.

Great Car for the Money!!
By norjud55 on 02/19/14 19:53 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car is really nice. Easy to drive. I got the XLE model from Mark Jacobson Toyota in Raleigh/NC. They were nice to deal with. I like the drivers seat, it is very comfortable. The electronic gear shift, is also very handy. I got 32 miles on HWY. I had the front windows tinted and that helped out from the heat. I think Toyota builds the best car for the money. The one thing I would change is when you open the hood, you have to use the rod to hold it up. Not a good idea.

Poor under body design
By josder on 01/20/14 19:07 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We traded our 08Rav4 in for the 2013 Rav4 We live in Upper Michigan where we get a lot of snow AND under the doors (including the back door)the snow & ice collects and then it melts off in our garage creating a huge mess! When you open the doors you can see the accumulation! This is a real problem and had we knew this before ... we would have gotten a different brand vehicle. Our old Rav did not do this. Perhaps Toyota should re design the doors and eliminate this problem

Positives & Negatives
By anastasia52 on 01/19/14 16:03 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased this vehicle in November and have found some things we like & don't like. We really like the blind spot monitor. This feature should be available on more cars. We also like the style of the car and rear cross traffic alert. We are extremely disappointed in the Rough, Bumpy Ride. It is a great riding car on the PA turnpike or a smoothly paved road. Our limited model has 18 inch Bridgestone tires and it provides a very Rough Ride. My voice even vibrates when I'm trying to talk to anyone in the car at the time with me. Don't think this will be a vehicle my husband and I will grow old with in our senior years.

2013 RAV4 AWD Limited
By paul280 on 10/22/13 21:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought the car in mid-August. We really like the Blind Spot Monitor option. Also, an unexpected but convenient feature is that the music files on a USB drive can be played back directly. We also like the memory function of the driver’s seat. Our main complaint is that the ride is really bumpy, even bumpier than my 20-year-old Corolla. Another thing is that the air outlets have begun to make an abnormal sound when switching the air flow from the setting of upper body and feet to the setting of upper body. Since the car has less than 2000 miles on it and it already got a problem, I really question the long term reliability of this vehicle.

Here's our honest opinion. We like the car.
By ericells on 10/14/13 15:08 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We've had the Toyota RAV 4 Limited AWD since May 2013. Going from a Honda Pilot to this car took some getting used to. We haven't owned anything other than Honda's since 1987. We test drove Honda's, Hyundai's, Mazda's and we settled on the new RAV 4 as being the most practical vehicle for the money. We didn't spring for the extra $1100 for navigation. Our phones can get us where we need to go for no extra charge. All in all, we like the car and would recommend it

Great Car
By cking7 on 10/02/13 11:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Great car and customer service. I am having trouble with the Bluetooth connection to my phone. It worked for the first 3 weeks and abruptly stopped. Took car back and no one seems to figure out what happened or fix it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota RAV4 Suv in VA is:

$120 per month*