Used 2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

2011 RAV is nicer than the 2013
By Esther Rendano

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love the storage in my 2011 RAV but they took it all away when they took the tire off the back. They took away drink holders, tightened the door pockets, replaced the locking glove box with the sliding second glove box with a non-locking glove box, and eliminated the shelf in the console. All of these features help me keep my car tidy. I will be very disappointed when I am forced to give them up. The 2013 seems to be a safer vehicle, but it isn't fun to drive anymore.

A+ for safety...
By Annie

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall, I am very happy with this car. I have been able to test out the safety features in the snow and on icy roads and any slippage (due to sub-par snow tires) is immediately corrected. I feel safe, which is my #1 priority. I've read comments about feeling every bump in the road, maybe it is just because I've upgraded from a 2005 Camry, but I feel like I'm floating on clouds in this car.

One thing I'm not crazy about is the rear-center seat. The car should be wide enough to have a regular 3-seat bench, not sure why it has this funky belt coming out of the ceiling. Second thing is the lift gate. I think a power lift gate should be standard. It is not easy to get open with your hands full. Especially on the LE model. It has a rear back up camera standard, but a manual lift gate? Why? Even my 2005 Camry had an auto open button on the key fob for the trunk. Then there's the headlights. Instead of just turning off automatically, there is an annoying, high-pitched beep to remind you to turn them off manually. I've never driven a car made after 2000 that didn't turn the lights off automatically when you lock the car. I would gladly give back the back up camera to have auto-off lights and a power lift gate! My last complaint is storage. There is a glove box and small arm rest storage compartment, and under the center console is weird open storage that doesn't fit much. I can tell they were trying to make it look upgraded and modern, I'd gladly have old fashioned and functional!

Despite my complaints, I am happy with this car and don't regret my purchase. I've always been happy with the low cost of ownership that comes with Toyotas and I like that I can confidently drive on snow and ice now. The little things do make the experience for me though, and I know the manual lights and lift gate will continue to grate on me...

Grab a Rav4
By lasic1@msn.com

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Good solid vehicle, easy to handle, great mileage and very reliable.

Poor headlighing
By Sil

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car is a great with the exception, I believe was not tested at night. The headlights gives very poor lighting in distance. I have 20/20 vision so it is not my eye vision. Driving in city streets and highways is very dangerous, I have talked to other owners and the complain is the same. When driving I have to have the lights in high beam. I believe there should be a recall with new light beams replaced.

RAV 4 rough ride
By Robert Mason

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We noticed a very rough ride after we purchased the car. The dealer said we could buy new tires. We declined. We feel every bump in the road. Hopefully readers have some suggestions. Our current solution is with additional outdoor cushions which we place on the front seats. This is awkward but it helps. RJM

It is small

solve the rough ride problem