2013 Toyota RAV4 LE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Sort Reviews by

A Great Crossover and Redesign
By habl

2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just a short review. Have had my new Rav for a week and 500 miles of driving. It replaces my horrible 2010 Equinox which was trouble times two. My new Rav4 drives fantastic, is fun, comfortable and is a great buy. Exterior is great looking, interior same, have had a dozen people comment or ask to see the car. The electronic system is great, entune system working perfectly and with the upgraded JBL system, audio is incredible. I cannot believe how. Great my old Philadelphia rock stations sound in HD radio. I actually like to drive again with the new Rav, I put on about 2,000 miles per month, it is now not such a chore with such a great vehicle.

Favorite Features

Ride quality. Steering fantastic and intuitive. Great looks inside and out. Averaging 27.5 mpg. Electronics rock.

Suggested Improvements

Only thing, maybe a larger screen with just a tad better crispness, just a tiny bit muddled in strong light.

Great Car
By cking7

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Great car and customer service. I am having trouble with the Bluetooth connection to my phone. It worked for the first 3 weeks and abruptly stopped. Took car back and no one seems to figure out what happened or fix it.

A FIRST CHOICE FOR SUV ENTRY
93 of 72,782 people found this review helpful
By vchheda

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle was a dream come true with all the proper bells and whistles. Long have I dreamed of getting an compact SUV that does not drink gas like the regular SUVs. Toyota has made the right call by redesigning it into a competitive compact crossover, not only in design, but in features and personalization.

Favorite Features

BT streaming, I have had the car not less than a week and I have only done bluetooth streaming. I only wish they included HD radio in standard features. That is the only thing I missed from my previous aftermarket BT stereo. It doesn't differentiate iphone and ipod from an android in this feature as the new stereos have that detection capability, but not really missed.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of as I drove sedans upto now and all I can say is this is very comfortable and relaxing to drive. Even for an SUV with 4 cylinder, it has a lot of power (torque) to pull out in front of the traffic from one light to the second.

Really Good Vehicle
By geegee444

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have owed the 2013 RAV4 since June 2013. I love, love, love this car!!! Get good gas milage; 26 city; 31 hwy. The Toyota Care is outstanding. The only complaint I have is the upholstery. I bought what I thought was leather but it turns out to be Soft Tech which is a vinyl. The color is beige and stains very easily. Seats have blue jean staining and it will not come off! The dealership is no help on this issue. They "kinda" change the subject when I bring it up. I would buy the RAV4 again but would just go with the cloth seats unless genuine leather is offered.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth and back up camera.

Suggested Improvements

Offer genuine leather seats. Automatic seats as a standard.

Re-Designed Rav4
By lkalbfleisch

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just got my new Rav4 yesterday but have completely fallen in love with it. I researched all the small SUV's and decided the Rav4 was the best value. I wish the blind spot monitor was an option for the XLE. Everyone that has seen it has commented on how it looks much more expensive than the $23,600 that we paid for it.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth capability and the different driving modes that you can drive in.

Suggested Improvements

Make the Blind Spot Monitor option available for the XLE.

My 4th And Best RAV4 Yet!!!
By ravraver1

2013 Toyota RAV4 LE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned the '96, '01, and '06 RAV 4's and loved everyone of them. Got over 100K out of each with no problems whatsoever. This '13 I just bought looks like it will beat all the others. It's more comfortable, has more guts, looks sharper, and rides quieter than the previous generations. The ride is a little stiff but I feel very secure in this vehicle. We also own a '12 Sienna, and this RAV is just as comfortable. I'm looking forward to many years of driving pleasure with this baby.

Favorite Features

Quieter, more responsive handling than previous generation RAV's. Love the Bluetooth and backup camera which are standard. Interior is really sharp, classy. The 2.5 4 cylinder has plenty of guts getting me on the freeway with no problem. Yipeee, Toyota finally got rid of the rear external spare tire. This vehicle looks and rides great.

Love the 2013 RAV4
By geegee444

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought XLE June 26 2013 and I love it!!! Have 2000 miles and get about 27 miles per gallon in city. Have not made any road trips yet. I am 5'11" and my husband is 6'2" and we both are quite comfortable. Vehicle has good pick up so no worries about merging onto interstate. Test drove Mazda CX5 and Honda CRV. RAV4 offered more options in the base price and the cabin was not as noisy. Black carpet shows every speck of sand. Floor mats are a flimsy for the extra cost (nearly $300.00). Ordered an extra set online (must more cost friendly) to have on hand. "RAVen" (I have named her) is a real looker. Removal of "barn" rear door was the best thing ever!!!!

Favorite Features

Rear camera, sunroof and bluetooth.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic seats as a standard feature in XLE. Offer both leather and "softtex". The man made material does not appear that it will wear as well as leather and it stains very easily. Got blue jean stain on driver seat and have not been able to get it out even with product design for "softtex". Anyone got any ideas on how to remove the stain? Vinyl area on bumpers and area below doors have a hazy look even after washing.

Perfect Step Down
By pschell

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2010 Tundra for the all new Rav4 and couldn't be happier! I LOVED my truck, but I DIDN'T love parking it, filling it up with gas, paying the $500 car tags every year, so on and so on. I am really loving all the money I have already saved, how easy it is to park and I am shocked at how comfortable the car and ride is in comparison to my Tundra (which I consider to be the best I've ever experienced). I am so happy I got the Rav4 and totally recommend it!

Favorite Features

Surprisingly, I LOVE the back up camera. I really thought this feature was going to be lame, but it is so helpful (especially living in an apartment community). I also like the new iPod/ Aux jacks, the bluetooth connection... the whole touch screen set up, I guess! And I love having a sunroof again!

Suggested Improvements

I could really live withouth the black interior. I have two dogs (which as of now have never even been in my car) and you can already see every speck of hair/ lint that has carried into the car from our clothing. We purchased the rubber cargo mat seperately because we could foresee the back just being covered in hair. I also don't really like the gear shift. It's kinda wonky and I always have to check what gear I'm in. But, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Great Vehicle
By hookshot

2013 Toyota RAV4 LE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My dad had the previous 1st generation RAV4 and that thing lasted forever and took a beating so he had to have a new one. He got the base model to avoid all the unnecessary electronics nowadays. Inside is very roomy, cloth seats are good and textured. Dash is well laid out and material quality is more than acceptable. Acceleration is great around town and on the highway. I have a hard time keeping up in my 2014 Subaru WRX STI in stop in go traffic unless I ring my STI out. No idea what Car and Driver means when it called acceleration "tepid"...absolutely not true.

Favorite Features

Great commuting vehicle. Car has so much power we just leave it in ECO mode, which saps some power, and it still has plenty left you won't even notice a difference. Backup camera is standard. Roomy and great seating position (high up).

Suggested Improvements

AC is decent but not great. Could always use more mpg. I get around 26 mpg hwy.

Love this Crossover
By databased

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first SUV, I've had it for 1 month and driving 600 miles. Initially, no matter how fun it was to drive, I questioned my decision to get the Rav4. The dash display told me my MPG and I was less than thrilled. However, I decided to track my own stats and I have no remaining doubt that I made the right choice. I just gassed up and calculated 29.8 mpg. I traded in a 2001 Mazda 626 that got 23, and this ride is so much more comfortable and fun! The rear-view isn't too limited and it has loads of power and spunk. Extremely comfortable and well-designed cockpit. Classy-looking, too. Quiet, smooth cabin and fantastic sound clarity in stereo & Bluetooth. Recommended!

Favorite Features

Quiet: dampens road noise Smooth: hardly feel any bumps Fun! It really gets up and goes MPG: better than my previous sedan Comfort: Seat, height, dual climate zones Cockpit: Telescoping & adjustable wheel, instrument panel, usb, etc where they should be, and the on-wheel controls are great Cargo space: Perfect for my needs, which are few Passenger space: Perfect for my needs Back-up camera: useful! Turn radius: Unbelievably tight! Parking: Bigger inside than out - I still fit in compact car spaces Toyota care: 3 years of maintenance included in price at my local dealer (which is a friendly place!)

Suggested Improvements

Couldn't believe the lights don't turn themselves on, especially on the XLE. You'd think that would be a standard feature. The only other thing I can think of is this... Rav4 comes in gas-only or electric only, no hybrid offering. You'd think the maker of the Prius hybrid would be on top of a hybrid ute. That said, I'm getting 30 mpg and the engine isn't even broken in yet, so that's kind of a non-issue for me right now.