2013 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
A Great Crossover and Redesign
By habl on 04/20/13 15:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just a short review. Have had my new Rav for a week and 500 miles of driving. It replaces my horrible 2010 Equinox which was trouble times two. My new Rav4 drives fantastic, is fun, comfortable and is a great buy. Exterior is great looking, interior same, have had a dozen people comment or ask to see the car. The electronic system is great, entune system working perfectly and with the upgraded JBL system, audio is incredible. I cannot believe how. Great my old Philadelphia rock stations sound in HD radio. I actually like to drive again with the new Rav, I put on about 2,000 miles per month, it is now not such a chore with such a great vehicle.

Great Car
By cking7 on 10/02/13 11:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Great car and customer service. I am having trouble with the Bluetooth connection to my phone. It worked for the first 3 weeks and abruptly stopped. Took car back and no one seems to figure out what happened or fix it.

93 of 16,176 people found this review helpful
A FIRST CHOICE FOR SUV ENTRY
By vchheda on 02/18/13 19:31 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle was a dream come true with all the proper bells and whistles. Long have I dreamed of getting an compact SUV that does not drink gas like the regular SUVs. Toyota has made the right call by redesigning it into a competitive compact crossover, not only in design, but in features and personalization.

Love the 2013 RAV4
By geegee444 on 09/09/13 17:22 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought XLE June 26 2013 and I love it!!! Have 2000 miles and get about 27 miles per gallon in city. Have not made any road trips yet. I am 5'11" and my husband is 6'2" and we both are quite comfortable. Vehicle has good pick up so no worries about merging onto interstate. Test drove Mazda CX5 and Honda CRV. RAV4 offered more options in the base price and the cabin was not as noisy. Black carpet shows every speck of sand. Floor mats are a flimsy for the extra cost (nearly $300.00). Ordered an extra set online (must more cost friendly) to have on hand. "RAVen" (I have named her) is a real looker. Removal of "barn" rear door was the best thing ever!!!!

Re-Designed Rav4
By lkalbfleisch on 03/30/13 17:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just got my new Rav4 yesterday but have completely fallen in love with it. I researched all the small SUV's and decided the Rav4 was the best value. I wish the blind spot monitor was an option for the XLE. Everyone that has seen it has commented on how it looks much more expensive than the $23,600 that we paid for it.

My 4th And Best RAV4 Yet!!!
By ravraver1 on 04/18/13 01:11 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 LE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned the '96, '01, and '06 RAV 4's and loved everyone of them. Got over 100K out of each with no problems whatsoever. This '13 I just bought looks like it will beat all the others. It's more comfortable, has more guts, looks sharper, and rides quieter than the previous generations. The ride is a little stiff but I feel very secure in this vehicle. We also own a '12 Sienna, and this RAV is just as comfortable. I'm looking forward to many years of driving pleasure with this baby.

Perfect Step Down
By pschell on 02/22/13 13:02 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2010 Tundra for the all new Rav4 and couldn't be happier! I LOVED my truck, but I DIDN'T love parking it, filling it up with gas, paying the $500 car tags every year, so on and so on. I am really loving all the money I have already saved, how easy it is to park and I am shocked at how comfortable the car and ride is in comparison to my Tundra (which I consider to be the best I've ever experienced). I am so happy I got the Rav4 and totally recommend it!

Love So many things except...
By johnfrer on 08/23/13 09:33 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my 2013 limited the end of June. This is a great car in so many ways. I know it will be reliable and I am already seeing the savings from my 04 explorer. 28mpg combined and 32 hwy. The power memory seats are great as is the auto liftgate. I would not have bought this car if it still had the sideways gate. The stereo is not great. actually it is bad. Too much sound up front and it is very bright and "scratchy" I have played with the controls endlessly. This is annoying as I love to listen to all kinds of music as I drive.

2013 Rav4 Limited
By desertgolfer on 06/14/14 07:57 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this vehicle since August 2013 and have had absolutely no issues with it. I was somewhat surprised at some of the reviews in this thread as I have owned many Toyotas and have never experienced a problem they could not fix. I live in Arizona and we may have smoother roads than some of the cooler weather states, but I have found the Rav4 ride to be exceptional for this vehicle class. The features available on the Limited are outstanding, everything works perfectly and I love the versatility of the transmission. Heck, you can treat it like a manual and in Sport mode that is fun.

Love this Crossover
By databased on 06/09/13 20:09 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first SUV, I've had it for 1 month and driving 600 miles. Initially, no matter how fun it was to drive, I questioned my decision to get the Rav4. The dash display told me my MPG and I was less than thrilled. However, I decided to track my own stats and I have no remaining doubt that I made the right choice. I just gassed up and calculated 29.8 mpg. I traded in a 2001 Mazda 626 that got 23, and this ride is so much more comfortable and fun! The rear-view isn't too limited and it has loads of power and spunk. Extremely comfortable and well-designed cockpit. Classy-looking, too. Quiet, smooth cabin and fantastic sound clarity in stereo & Bluetooth. Recommended!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota RAV4 in VA is:

$120 per month*