RAV4 driver position
By cigsmh on
2012 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
After a having the car for a month I am still fighting to find more or less safe position to drive. I am afraid to lose control of the car because my right leg is in awkward position and I can't figure why. I have Montana 2000 and I have took all the measurements of the pedals and seat trying to understand where the problem coming from. I even tried to drive bare foot - even worse. I tried different seat cushions and padding - no luck. This is leased car and I have 1 year return back if lost the job. I will have to use this option if I can't figure out how to fix the problem. We suppose to go to Safari tomorrow and I am scared to drive with my family.
Favorite Features
Don't buy this car if you are big or taller than 6.2 Gas mileage after 600 miles: 25.8 mpg Driving is smooth, but Rogue feels much better. The car is fast , but Rogue fast from the first second and rav4 takes a second or two to decide. Rogue have superiors adaptive transmission that always "knows" the traffic and I hardly used any breaks. After 4 years I had almost new breaks. Rav 4 have terrible, spongy breaks and requires a lot of power to stop the car. Very disappointed in this car. On a bright side I started to exercise to build stronger foot and leg muscle to be able to control this car :) without cramps.
Suggested Improvements
Driving position is terrible. The seat is so firm that I have got pain in the butt and leg muscles. It is like sitting on the bare wood. I don't understand why Toyota would do this. Toyota is made for a small people, I am a big guy, I used to drive a Versa ( When I had Rogue recall) - no problems - amazing car, I would now switch this Rav4 to Nissan Versa. Rav 4 was the cheapest to lease - you are getting what you are paying :)