No start problem
By piko584189 on
2012 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
We paid close to 35,000 with all of the upgrades. Since the first week we owned this car it had an intermitent no start problem. Has been back to dealer 3or4 times. Today we were told it had something to do with steering lock--and we need to just live with it--now that we know what the problem is we know it will eventually start.. They sent a tech bulletin to toyota and maybe someday they will do something about it. This is an uncomfortable riding vehicle--will never buy a Toyota again.
Favorite Features
None
Suggested Improvements
Suspension stinks ride stinks no start problem gas mileage not great Should have stayed with Suzuki
By animaladvocate
on 10/09/12 14:17 PM (PDT)

piko584189 No Start Problem _Would love you to respond back to me on No Start Problem. I have just purchased - 3 weeks ago - a brand new 2012 RAV4 Limited 4WD V6. For the first 2 weeks it was fine, but I didn't drive it every day. This week it didn't start yesterday and didn't start at lunchtime today. This is ridiculous - I have a service appt at the dealer tomorrow. I was hesitant to buy a Toyota and can't believe that I'm having issues right off the bat.