No Start Problem !
By animaladvocate on
2012 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I have a brand new - 3 weeks old 2012 Toyota RAV4 V6 4WD. It didn't start yesterday morning, it didn't start today at lunch. After reading all the directions and trying everything, it started on the 5th try. I contacted dealer and will be bringing it in tomorrow. Read another review that another customer was told to "live with it". I won't. This needs to be fixed or should be considered a lemon. Will update after my service appointment tomorrow !
Favorite Features
The looks of it.
Suggested Improvements
Make a dependable vehicle. I had a Honda for 12 years and never had any issue like this. I'd recommend a Honda over a Toyota - not a good sign to be having issues in the first 30 days of owning a brand new vehicle.
By animaladvocate
on 10/15/12 14:30 PM (PDT)

To piko584189 - thanks for your comment because you diagnosed a problem that the service mechanics at the dealership could not. I had a tech come out today to look at my vehicle only after complaining directly to the General Manager - he couldn't diagnose it either - then I mentioned this review online and he did some other "tests" by moving the steering wheel and trying to get it to "lock" - he then was able to successfully recreate the issue. They will be replacing the Steering Column. While I'm still unhappy that a 30 day old car with 1006 miles on it has this problem - at least they found something. However, it doesn't make me feel any better that it's a dependable vehicle. I would "not" recommend a Toyota to anyone and will not buy another one ever.