2012 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Great All Around SUV, Best In its Class IMO
By mtayub on 06/20/13 19:00 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Very comfortable seats in this car even on long trips. The leg room and storage in the RAV4 is excellent. Lots of storage and room for luggage. The rear seats recline and move forward and backward. I have had the car in heavy winds and it handled the windy conditions well. Interior noise is low, compared to Honda CRV. Love 4wd button. Reliability of the Rav4 is the best. I looked at the reviews of the competing cars and read about the problems people have for their cars. The Rav4 had minor complaints compared to others having significant problems. after market platinum 0 deductable warranty for $950 upgrading it to a 7/100k had to shop around for the price. 12k miles owned, very happy

Great Little SUV- Except Mileage
By diepie on 12/07/12 19:51 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Okay, so it's quite early to give a full review on our new car, since we bought it new just a couple of weeks ago. I had done extensive online comparisons between the 3 of the contenders in this vehicle category: the Rav4, Honda CRV, and the Nissan Rogue. We test drove all 3, as well as a Jeep Patriot, and considered but didn't drive a Hyundai Tucson. Toyota won out on a number of counts, not the least of which was the fact that we have been Yota owners for a long time, and have had great success. Toyota was also offering some screaming incentives which tipped the scales. So far of course, so good, but the gas mileage to date has been a bit disappointing.

Love everything! (Except the gas mileage ...)
By vogongirl on 08/13/12 18:41 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I mean it - the MPG is the fly in the otherwise stellar ointment here. I drive conservatively but with a mix that's heavy on hwy miles vs. city, I'm straining to get to 23 average. As the MPG rating was what initially drew me to the RAV4, I'm disappointed, but I still love to get into it each day and drive. It practically drives itself, feels like a car, and doesn't lack power with the 4-cylinder. You'll want to go with the air deflector if you get a sunroof; I regret it and will be looking into after-market, since there's a lot of wind noise.

Great comfort
By gglenno on 07/24/12 14:11 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I can't for the life of me figure out why others are finding the seating comfort of their Rav4's unbearable. My wife and I recently traveled over 2000 miles to Colorado and back in our nearly new 2012 model... this Rav4 is one of the most comfortable vehicles we have owned. Seating positions are great! Ride comfort is very good. Little to no fatigue for either of us. Gas mileage in the heavy winds of South Dakota suffered, but the trip home found much better mpg's. This is a very nice vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota RAV4 Suv in VA is:

$134 per month*